Rob Herman
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
OK, I'm convinced. Signing up.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucian Pleianu
Romania
Cluj Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
We just broke the 1600 mark.

Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 1599 of 165878

thumbsup
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dresden
United States
Woodridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
Added myself to the list. Hopefully my small processor helps in it's own way.

Scott
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rutten
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
the spunk plus the bomb plus the pump plus the torture instrument times frankie equalling the bang is an exclusive piece of ZTT exploitation
badge
You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. (mj)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
I'm in too. Just signed myself up.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
I'm expecting my first Work Unit to be completed in about 30 hours' time. It's a race against October!

EDIT: I did something slightly naughty. Make that 8.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
Mr Mauve wrote:
I'm expecting my first Work Unit to be completed in about 30 hours' time. It's a race against October!

EDIT: I did something slightly naughty. Make that 8.


Tell us more.

I have 2 WU's running on different machines. On my desktop, it looks like the WU will take of the order of 20 days soblue. On an old laptop, I may make it in 2 -3 days. I hope that merely means that one is more work than the other.whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
jmilum wrote:
Also once you have at least one Work Unit (WU), please update the Geekdõ Folding@Home Wikipage so that we can match your F@H username to your username here,


I'm not sure how to do this part...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
Spud wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Also once you have at least one Work Unit (WU), please update the Geekdõ Folding@Home Wikipage so that we can match your F@H username to your username here,

I'm not sure how to do this part...

click that link, then click edit at the top of the resulting page. You can then copy someone else's entry changing their Bgg and folding names. Put the entry in the apprpriate section

if you have problems just geekmail me your folding name and I will add you
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mb
BoardGameGeek » Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG News
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
Once you windows users have succesfully completed a WU with the normal client, if you have a compatible graphics card, you might want to try one if the GPU clients. I can post some more info on this later when I get back to a computer I'm on an iPhone right now
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
jmilum wrote:
Spud wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Also once you have at least one Work Unit (WU), please update the Geekdõ Folding@Home Wikipage so that we can match your F@H username to your username here,

I'm not sure how to do this part...

click that link, then click edit at the top of the resulting page. You can then copy someone else's entry changing their Bgg and folding names. Put the entry in the apprpriate section

if you have problems just geekmail me your folding name and I will add you


I figured... but then I was afraid to edit it until I was sure that's what I was supposed to do. Thanks. Done.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Mr Mauve wrote:
I'm expecting my first Work Unit to be completed in about 30 hours' time. It's a race against October!

EDIT: I did something slightly naughty. Make that 8.


Tell us more.


Better not. Walls have Google.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
Should it run automatically when the computer is on? Mine doesn't seem to. Is it simply a case of putting the proggie into the startup items folder?
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
Ed_the_Red wrote:
Should it run automatically when the computer is on? Mine doesn't seem to. Is it simply a case of putting the proggie into the startup items folder?
With the ordinary client, I found that it didn't start automatically, so just created a shortcut in the startup folder.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucian Pleianu
Romania
Cluj Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
If you don't have it in the Startup section, than you will need to manually start it each time you boot up your machine.

I, for one, put both instances of F@H in the Startup list and don't have to worry anymore that I might forgot to have them started up
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
jmilum wrote:
Once you windows users have succesfully completed a WU with the normal client, if you have a compatible graphics card, you might want to try one if the GPU clients. I can post some more info on this later when I get back to a computer I'm on an iPhone right now


That would be good. I have just wandered around the site researching this, and it is full of technobabble. But it sounds like my NVidia card (Geforce 5500 is inadequate), so I will not have to worry about that.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
I've been trying for weeks to get it to work and it won't. No folding is happening. If anyone has any idea, I'd appreciate it.

I'm running a Vista 64-bit Quad Pro system. One of the issues is that whenever I try and display I get viewer.exe has stopped working and the window crashes.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Spoto
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
I'm up and running.. good stuff.

Incidentally somebody should take a look at the F@H BGG Wiki page. Looks like when JeffK added himself, somehow everyone's BGG user profile link got hosed.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Perry
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
I think something's screwy with the Wiki. If you look at the markdown, you can still see all of the correct user names. But for some reason, the wiki is translating all of username=... into username=JeffK, the first one in the list. If you go back in the page's history, you'll see the same problem.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
That wiki error has occured before, I'll ask Daniel to take a look. He fixed it last time for me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
D'Anna's Favorite Human!
badge
D'Anna's Favorite Human!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
kperryua wrote:
I think something's screwy with the Wiki. If you look at the markdown, you can still see all of the correct user names. But for some reason, the wiki is translating all of username=... into username=JeffK, the first one in the list. If you go back in the page's history, you'll see the same problem.
I've had the same problem.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Dittly
United States
Clay
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
I'm in!! Sounds pretty cool.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Crouch
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
I hope you folks are all able to get this up and running, it's a great cause, GG or not. Up and running, 12WU done! Go go gadget folding!

Giving my remaining .76GG to the cause, who can I send it to?


EDIT: Hrm looks like this has already happened? I'm confused. Oh well. I'm FOLDING and confused, and that's what counts! *plugs the message*

J you can have the gold anyway because the thread needs a tip, right? Right!
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
The Incentive Rewards Plan gave out a total of 1344 for August, with an average of 14 per Participant. The minimum was 5 (for people that had a WU recorded but no score) and the max was 20 (which the top contributor received)

The reward for September will be based only on the Score contributed during the month of September (which will also be true for all following months).
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Pharis
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
A good way to get me back into it after 18 months off!
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Team Geekdõ is #1 (well 1%) but still needs your help!
I've decided that I'm not happy ranking 71st and have fired up another computer (a Sempron 2600+). We'll see if that helps bump me up a few spots! If it doesn't I'll have to find some unused workstations at work. devil
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [39] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.