$10.00
Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Goa» Forums » General

Subject: 500 years rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just thought I'd point out that 2010 is the 500th anniversary of the Portuguese takeover of Goa. So now you have an extra excuse to play the game.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kewl...like I needed an excuse to play this great game!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or an excuse to play Vasco da Gama.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, heh, I wonder how many anniversaries of independence India celebrates?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anshuman Sinha
United States
college Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lindsey wrote:
Just thought I'd point out that 2010 is the 500th anniversary of the Portuguese takeover of Goa. So now you have an extra excuse to play the game.


2010 is also the 49th anniversary of the Indians kicking the Portuguese out of Goa. Yay! I'll play to celebrate that.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anshuman Sinha
United States
college Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aboveriver wrote:
Heh, heh, I wonder how many anniversaries of independence India celebrates?


Only one, from the Brits. The French peacefully handed over the little bits they controlled and the liberation of Goa from the Portuguese was a two day non event.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
amatyarakshasa wrote:
2010 is also the 49th anniversary of the Indians kicking the Portuguese out of Goa. Yay! I'll play to celebrate that.

I did make sure not to call it a cause for celebration. The game is about colonialism, so it's clearly a relevant anniversary. Well, at least if you like stuff evenly divisible by 10.

Of course, the anniversary of the Indian victory in Goa will make a good extra reason to play the game next year, too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anshuman Sinha
United States
college Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goa » Forums » General
Re: 500 years
Lindsey wrote:
amatyarakshasa wrote:
2010 is also the 49th anniversary of the Indians kicking the Portuguese out of Goa. Yay! I'll play to celebrate that.

:) I did make sure not to call it a cause for celebration. The game is about colonialism, so it's clearly a relevant anniversary. Well, at least if you like stuff evenly divisible by 10.

Of course, the anniversary of the Indian victory in Goa will make a good extra reason to play the game next year, too.


You're right, you didn't call for any celebration of that ghastly event.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.