$10.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Imperial» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of clarifications after our 1st game play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
India
Bangalore
Karnataka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I played my 1st game of Imperial and had a couple of small confusions where I need your help.

- When you take a country's turn if we land exactly on the Investor then all 3 steps are undertaken, right? Now is someone crosses over the investor and say lands on Import then only Step 1 is performed, Right?
- In the 1st case above i.e. when we land on the Investor, all of them can invest, right? In the second case only the Investor card holder can invest, right?
- During the Investor phase, the person with the investor card can buy a single bond from any nation he wishes right? or is it only in the countries he currently holds the flags in? I see otherwise the game cannot move forward??
- I represented Austria and sent my army using a maneuver to Romania and as it is a new territory I put an yellow tax marker there. In the subsequent turns I played maneuver again for Austria and moved the army from Romania to Bulgaria, so another tax marker in Bulgaria- Now the situation. I don't have an army in Romania, but it has gone to Bulgaria. Can an enemy nation send its army to this unoccupied Romania and remove my yellow marker and put one of their own?
- Also wanted to confirm that you can only use railroads in a nation's own territory (Green Army in Italy etc.) and it cannot use railroads in any other nation friendly or hostile?

I know these are very trivial, but help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Madhu
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madhujith wrote:
Yesterday I played my 1st game of Imperial and had a couple of small confusions where I need your help.

- When you take a country's turn if we land exactly on the Investor then all 3 steps are undertaken, right? Now is someone crosses over the investor and say lands on Import then only Step 1 is performed, Right?


Correct

madhujith wrote:
In the 1st case above i.e. when we land on the Investor, all of them can invest, right? In the second case only the Investor card holder can invest, right?


In both situations only the player who holds the investor card


madhujith wrote:
I represented Austria and sent my army using a maneuver to Romania and as it is a new territory I put an yellow tax marker there. In the subsequent turns I played maneuver again for Austria and moved the army from Romania to Bulgaria, so another tax marker in Bulgaria- Now the situation. I don't have an army in Romania, but it has gone to Bulgaria. Can an enemy nation send its army to this unoccupied Romania and remove my yellow marker and put one of their own?


Correct

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Martin
Canada
Torbay
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedrich wrote:
madhujith wrote:
Yesterday I played my 1st game of Imperial and had a couple of small confusions where I need your help.

- When you take a country's turn if we land exactly on the Investor then all 3 steps are undertaken, right? Now is someone crosses over the investor and say lands on Import then only Step 1 is performed, Right?


Correct

madhujith wrote:
In the 1st case above i.e. when we land on the Investor, all of them can invest, right? In the second case only the Investor card holder can invest, right?


In both situations only the player who holds the investor card


madhujith wrote:
I represented Austria and sent my army using a maneuver to Romania and as it is a new territory I put an yellow tax marker there. In the subsequent turns I played maneuver again for Austria and moved the army from Romania to Bulgaria, so another tax marker in Bulgaria- Now the situation. I don't have an army in Romania, but it has gone to Bulgaria. Can an enemy nation send its army to this unoccupied Romania and remove my yellow marker and put one of their own?


Correct



Wait, wait, wait. I thought when you passed OVER the investor space, players only get to invest, nobody pays out. Are you saying it's the opposite? If so, that changes EVERYTHING.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He wasn't talking about payouts. You're right, payouts only occur when somebody lands on the investor space. Investments occur whether the space is landed on or not.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madhujith wrote:
Yesterday I played my 1st game of Imperial and had a couple of small confusions where I need your help.

- When you take a country's turn if we land exactly on the Investor then all 3 steps are undertaken, right? Now is someone crosses over the investor and say lands on Import then only Step 1 is performed, Right?

Step 1 is always the action on space you land. If the space is investor, you pay the dividends, if it is import, the nation buys mercenaries, etc. Then if you have crossed or landed on the investor space, the investor card is activated: the owner receives 2 millions and can invest in the nation he wants. Note after his investment all players without a flag can now invest in the country they want(clockwise after the active player if there is more than one).

madhujith wrote:

- In the 1st case above i.e. when we land on the Investor, all of them can invest, right? In the second case only the Investor card holder can invest, right?

You seem to be confused with the variant without the investor card. If you play without the investor card, all players starting with the active player can invest in the country just played at every turn, but only in this country. Note, with this variant players without a flag can invest in any country (limited to one investment per turn). If you play with the investor card, refer to my previous comment.

madhujith wrote:

- During the Investor phase, the person with the investor card can buy a single bond from any nation he wishes right? or is it only in the countries he currently holds the flags in? I see otherwise the game cannot move forward??
- I represented Austria and sent my army using a maneuver to Romania and as it is a new territory I put an yellow tax marker there. In the subsequent turns I played maneuver again for Austria and moved the army from Romania to Bulgaria, so another tax marker in Bulgaria- Now the situation. I don't have an army in Romania, but it has gone to Bulgaria. Can an enemy nation send its army to this unoccupied Romania and remove my yellow marker and put one of their own?
- Also wanted to confirm that you can only use railroads in a nation's own territory (Green Army in Italy etc.) and it cannot use railroads in any other nation friendly or hostile?

All correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
India
Bangalore
Karnataka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial » Forums » Rules
Re: Couple of clarifications after our 1st game play
Thanks a ton for these responses. God knows what would have happened without BGG!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.