$10.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition): Shards of the Throne» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Valefar assimilator combos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kalle Palm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing Nekro your best two neighbors are probably Jol-Nar and Mentak. Jol-Nar for obvious reasons, but I think that the best racial to copy is Salvage operations. Since you will be in combat 2-3 times per round, this tech will give you lot of money and reinforcements. Not to bad with Mirror computing.

More ideas?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Vasquez
Colombia
Medellin
Antioquia
flag msg tools
100% Pure Colombian Geek
badge
Colombia is waiting for you, would you take the risk? (Video in my profile)
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Gorger wrote:
When playing Nekro your best two neighbors are probably Jol-Nar and Mentak. Jol-Nar for obvious reasons, but I think that the best racial to copy is Salvage operations. Since you will be in combat 2-3 times per round, this tech will give you lot of money and reinforcements. Not to bad with Mirror computing.

More ideas?


How about Arboret and Winnu? Free Ground units in Mecatol than have a construction capacity of 1?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instinct Training plus Noneuclidean Shielding would make it really hard for anyone to kill off your Dreadnoughts in a fight. Add the new Duranium Armor tech to make it even harder.

Lazax Gate Folding and Bioplasmosis could make the Nekro a terrible nuisance, letting them spread quickly.

Production Centers and Mirror Computing could make you rich fast.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Arael wrote:
The_Gorger wrote:
When playing Nekro your best two neighbors are probably Jol-Nar and Mentak. Jol-Nar for obvious reasons, but I think that the best racial to copy is Salvage operations. Since you will be in combat 2-3 times per round, this tech will give you lot of money and reinforcements. Not to bad with Mirror computing.

More ideas?


How about Arboret and Winnu? Free Ground units in Mecatol than have a construction capacity of 1?

I don't think they can steal the Arborec tech, since I think it is based on the assumption that the Racial ability is in play allowing them to build at GFs to begin with (even if not specifically stated as such).

IE, the tech doesn't grant the ability to build at GFs, but just the ability to build MORE at GFs.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to rehash the whole Saar racial tech thing, but I'm kind of anxious to get an official ruling on whether racial techs that add +1 to a unit's ability when a race's own version doesn't naturally possess it will work or not.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
I don't want to rehash the whole Saar racial tech thing, but I'm kind of anxious to get an official ruling on whether racial techs that add +1 to a unit's ability when a race's own version doesn't naturally possess it will work or not.


The card itself (Valefar Assimilator) says you can't copy technologies that modify the race's racial ability. That means no Saar "Floating Factory" because it increases their space docks' movement by 1 (space docks don't normally have movement), it means no Arborec "Spore Acceleration" because it increases their ground forces' build capacity by 1 (ground forces don't normally have build capacity). There are other ones that are pretty obvious, too. I don't think you really need an official ruling, you just want to be able to do something that the card explicitly prohibits. If you can get your group to agree to it, then you should just do it anyway.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Imperium (Third Edition): Shards of the Throne » Forums » Strategy
Re: Valefar assimilator combos
I'm not really interested in playing against the rules, or even in simply fudging or altering them. I want to know what's intended. If Saar and Arborec cards explicitly stated "racial ability," as the Letnev and Yin ones do, I'd have no issue.

As it is, the term +1 on both the Arborec and Saar cards is open enough to interpretation (in my opinion) that I'd like to see it clarified with a ruling. The Saar racial tech doesn't say "The Clan of Saar's Space Docks," it says "Your Space Docks." I know most others believe you can't add +1 to N/A in these cases, but I don't agree that's for certain.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.