$10.00
Recommend
102 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7861 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [315] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: women - games you just bought/recieved ? comments ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bouncing about had to tell you.. - the magic of the geek i found a copy of glen more! - this store had one copy - i bought it..still cant believe it

rattus just delivered and is sat waiting in the hall..i wont be seeing it until march!

yesterday dominion promo cards...black marcket and the governor came and i wrapped them up for my beloved..she was well pleaed and surprised.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:
bouncing about had to tell you.. - the magic of the geek i found a copy of glen more! - this store had one copy - i bought it..still cant believe it

rattus just delivered and is sat waiting in the hall..i wont be seeing it until march!

yesterday dominion promo cards...black marcket and the governor came and i wrapped them up for my beloved..she was well pleaed and surprised.


Lucky you!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Hansen
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:
i found a copy of glen more!


Wow, how lucky! So jealous.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alita The Heretic
United States
Seattle
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered Flash Point: Fire Rescue!!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I got 2 games for Christmas:

7 Wonders (my new favorite! And so beautiful.)

Legend of Drizzt (Hard to find a group to play with... some bias against anything associated with D&D... but they will play Hero Quest. hmmm.)
11 
 Thumb up
6.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna Hind
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli
badge
"Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are." Ariana Grande
mbmbmbmbmb
JBunny wrote:
I got 2 games for Christmas:

7 Wonders (my new favorite! And so beautiful.)

Legend of Drizzt (Hard to find a group to play with... some bias against anything associated with D&D... but they will play Hero Quest. hmmm.)


I love Legend of Drizzt, it's my favourite of the three even though I do like them all. I got Drizzt for Christmas too And just finished painting the minis Hope you get someone to play it with you soon.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I just picked up Strike of the Eagle, Washington's War, and Wilderness War. I am really getting into wargames and no one is as surprised as I am about this.


Let's see-- you have a razor sharp mind, you aren't adverse to direct confrontation, and you harbor a deep love of abstracts. Uh, I'm not surprised. Why are you, my friend???
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Kattvippa wrote:
JBunny wrote:
I got 2 games for Christmas:

7 Wonders (my new favorite! And so beautiful.)

Legend of Drizzt (Hard to find a group to play with... some bias against anything associated with D&D... but they will play Hero Quest. hmmm.)


I love Legend of Drizzt, it's my favourite of the three even though I do like them all. I got Drizzt for Christmas too And just finished painting the minis Hope you get someone to play it with you soon.


I've never painted minis before, but I was considering it for this! They are pretty awesome. Did you use the traditional Todd Lockwood color scheme? Do you have pictures??
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna Hind
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli
badge
"Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are." Ariana Grande
mbmbmbmbmb
JBunny wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:
JBunny wrote:
I got 2 games for Christmas:

7 Wonders (my new favorite! And so beautiful.)

Legend of Drizzt (Hard to find a group to play with... some bias against anything associated with D&D... but they will play Hero Quest. hmmm.)


I love Legend of Drizzt, it's my favourite of the three even though I do like them all. I got Drizzt for Christmas too And just finished painting the minis Hope you get someone to play it with you soon.


I've never painted minis before, but I was considering it for this! They are pretty awesome. Did you use the traditional Todd Lockwood color scheme? Do you have pictures??


Painting is a lot of fun although it takes a lot of time too. And you can always get better and start practising new techniques. I've been painting a few years now (to my own amazement, it really has been a few years already since I started!) the painter's guild here at geek is a good place to ask if ever you need any help with painting

Some pictures can be found here. I'll add some more once I get my camera out or get my boyfriend to take the pictures as he's much better in taking pics than I am
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
JBunny wrote:
Kattvippa wrote:
JBunny wrote:
I got 2 games for Christmas:

7 Wonders (my new favorite! And so beautiful.)

Legend of Drizzt (Hard to find a group to play with... some bias against anything associated with D&D... but they will play Hero Quest. hmmm.)


I love Legend of Drizzt, it's my favourite of the three even though I do like them all. I got Drizzt for Christmas too And just finished painting the minis Hope you get someone to play it with you soon.


I've never painted minis before, but I was considering it for this! They are pretty awesome. Did you use the traditional Todd Lockwood color scheme? Do you have pictures??


Painting is a lot of fun although it takes a lot of time too. And you can always get better and start practising new techniques. I've been painting a few years now (to my own amazement, it really has been a few years already since I started!) the painter's guild here at geek is a good place to ask if ever you need any help with painting

Some pictures can be found here. I'll add some more once I get my camera out or get my boyfriend to take the pictures as he's much better in taking pics than I am


I wish I was artistic. Admire people who are. The only minatures I ever painted were my War of the Ring minis and only the bases, because I could NOT tell one from another. Okay, except the dwarves since they were short. Sigh.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought A House Divided. I'm hoping the Civil War theme will draw in my husband to play it.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aimee Josephus
United States
Glendale Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
I actually didn't get as many games last year as i normally do. I got a copy of Ren Faire still haven't had a chance to play and the family got Ramses Pyramid. Though one year my husband MADE me a game for Christmas, which was the best ever.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had two games show up in the past 2 days that I had forgotten about.

- I ordered Helvetia from amazon.de based on the fact that the designer was Matthias Cramer of Glen More. I ordered it about 3 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to find it on my doorstep on Monday after I had worked 20 hours straight on a software release deployment.

- Tonight I came home to Terra Evolution a game I kickstarted. I just sleeved the cards and am about to dive into the rules.

Rough week but games make it better!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope your week is getting better, Sandy! Have you played Helvetia yet? I kind of liked it. I have it on preorder somewhere.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Elder Sign on Tuesday & just played it with Fraser and Otto, who is nearly 9. She loved it, he was lukewarm. My usual luck with the dice saw me get 1 Elder Sign, Fraser 6 and Otto 7, to narrowly defeat Azathoth.

I had played on the iPad and enjoyed it, which held true for the cardboard copy. The only thing that irritated me - and it was pretty annoying - was the awful smell. Has anyone else had this problem? I think it is the ink rather than an actual problem with mold, but everything just smelled a bit off to me.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Hansen
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a board game order in on Monday. So far we've played ...

Takenoko — Adorable! It was really fun. Pretty light fare, but still entertaining.

Caylus — Actually my first time ever playing this one. I finally get what all the hype is about. I loved it. So many different routes you can take. Can't wait to play it again.

Dungeon Petz — OK, so I have to admit that I usually love anything Vlaada Chvátil makes, so this is probably bias, but this game is really fun. I liked it even more than Dungeon Lords. Husband didn't enjoy it, but he has a grudge against Vlaada. I hope to get this back to the table soon, but it'll probably be awhile.

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say I played both and I liked dungeon lords better. I'm not sure if that was the fighting part or the fact that dungeon petz is maybe something that you get more into after a few plays.. (I did like them both very much by the way )
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna Hind
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli
badge
"Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are." Ariana Grande
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameGeek » Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming
Re: women - games you just bought/recieved ? comments ?
I have recently bought Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas, GOSU and Alcatraz: The Scapegoat. Have not yet even read the rules for any of them, but am really looking forward playing Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas. The theme seems very interesting and the components are beautiful. I hope I get it on the table soon!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohh Sator!! I've been looking at that one too.. Still not sure if I'll buy, but mostly when I keep looking at it I'll buy it in the end

Could you let me know what you think?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna Hind
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli
badge
"Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are." Ariana Grande
mbmbmbmbmb
mebririth wrote:
Ohh Sator!! I've been looking at that one too.. Still not sure if I'll buy, but mostly when I keep looking at it I'll buy it in the end

Could you let me know what you think?


Yes, I will gladly as soon as I get to play it laugh It was very hard to find as it is out of stock everywhere (I think it's OOP too, at least the German/English version of it). I manage to find a German/English copy at a very cheap price with reasonable shipping costs to Finland from Germany: http://www.buch.de/shop/home/typhoonartikel/ID17300348.html. I don't know if that'll help you at all as I don't know where you are based
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moonika Laine
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mebririth wrote:
Ohh Sator!! I've been looking at that one too.. Still not sure if I'll buy, but mostly when I keep looking at it I'll buy it in the end

Could you let me know what you think?


IMO Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas is a bit too abstract to get really many plays. But it has its place in my collection still. Mostly because it's slightly weird with hard to understand special effect cards and it's a beautiful looking game.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mebririth wrote:
Ohh Sator!! I've been looking at that one too.. Still not sure if I'll buy, but mostly when I keep looking at it I'll buy it in the end

Could you let me know what you think?
Sator is a cool puzzle solving game. The difficulty is that it dissolves into a bash the leader fest at the end.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We purchased way too many games this Christmas season and are having quite a bit of buyers' remorse.

So far we've played Eminent Domain, Ninjato, Alien Frontiers, and Core Worlds. Of those games, only Core Worlds is going to stick around in our collection.

We were really, really looking forward to Eminent Domain and Alien Factions but both games fell flat with our gaming group. Ninjato was certainly a pretty looking game, but not very exciting. Core Worlds was the real shocker, a game my husband got as an afterthought when placing a rather large Stronghold games order. We all loved the game and have played it three times in less than 2 weeks, a sure sign it's a keeper.

Still to play from the Christmas season are The Ares Project and Panic Station. Like I said, we bought a few too many blush
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off to check out Core Worlds but that sure is disappointing that the other games didn't work out. I hate it when I make a buy like that. soblue
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, definitely not a good feeling. Since we live outside of the US, most games cost us anywhere from 20-50 bucks more than you would pay. I've seen Mage Knight Board Game going for 90 dollars at our FLGS. Luckily, my husband,
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
got it from his BGG Secret Santa. cool

That game is on tap for this weekend.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [315] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.