Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Top Games on BGG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CJ Gilbert
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I feel really stupid for asking this, but I just can't find it...

I hear people talk about the Top Games on BGG, or That's in the BGG Top 10, etc...

Where is that?

It seems like such a basic thing, and I'm such a newbie for not knowing... but I just can't find it.

Thanks for your help.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Click Browse in the top bar, then click games. That will bring up the top 100.
6 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
So these are games by rank

But please remember that the top 100 games will in no way be your top 100 games.

A good idea is to ask the community for a recommendation based on what you are looking for.

Also if you rank your games we can taylor our answers.

The holy Trinity of gateway games is:
Catan
Carcassonne
Ticket to Ride... not that you asked.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also if you browse a specific game and go to its page, you will find its rank in a couple different categories int he top right of the page. Clicking on its rank will bring up a list of the games in its neighborhood of the rankings for that category.
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
The holy Trinity of gateway games is:
Catan
Carcassonne
Ticket to Ride... not that you asked.


Those are all COMMON Gateway games. But I'm not sure about "holy trinity". For one thing, there are a lot of people who feel that Settlers is a mediocre game that has outstayed its welcome. It was good (by comparison) when it came out because the competition was even worse, but the state of the art has long since moved on.

In any event, there are tons of great games for the new/non gamer beyond just these three.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
monkeyhandz wrote:
The holy Trinity of gateway games is:
Catan
Carcassonne
Ticket to Ride... not that you asked.


Those are all COMMON Gateway games. But I'm not sure about "holy trinity". For one thing, there are a lot of people who feel that Settlers is a mediocre game that has outstayed its welcome. It was good (by comparison) when it came out because the competition was even worse, but the state of the art has long since moved on.

In any event, there are tons of great games for the new/non gamer beyond just these three.


What's a better holy trinity?
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
dboeren wrote:
monkeyhandz wrote:
The holy Trinity of gateway games is:
Catan
Carcassonne
Ticket to Ride... not that you asked.


Those are all COMMON Gateway games. But I'm not sure about "holy trinity". For one thing, there are a lot of people who feel that Settlers is a mediocre game that has outstayed its welcome. It was good (by comparison) when it came out because the competition was even worse, but the state of the art has long since moved on.

In any event, there are tons of great games for the new/non gamer beyond just these three.


What's a better holy trinity?


Axis & Allies: 1942
BattleTech
Space Hulk (third edition) (or perhaps Incursion since it's still in print and easily affordable)

I think it depends on which gate you're hoping to drive through. laugh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Gilbert
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameGeek » Forums » Introduction » New User Questions
Re: Top Games on BGG?
Thank you all so much!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.