Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Good Zombie Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Brahmer

Wisconsin
msg tools
I am looking for Zombie board games. I already have Last Night on Earth, Zombies, and Zombie Dice. Are there any other zombie games worth looking into.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Plague is a really awesome zombie game. It can be played solo, coop or competitive.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mall of Horror is a must have. Lots of fun a la Dawn of the Dead.

Also, I would consider Earth Reborn as pretty much a zombie(ish) game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide looks like it will be great, if it is ever released.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony heil

bennettsville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmb
WALKING DEAD THE ONE FROM ZMAN GAMES HAVE NOT PLAYED THE OTHER ONE
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nolan Guthrie
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
It is a wargame!
mbmbmbmbmb
All Things Zombie: The Boardgame
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
My geeklist of good Zed games:

Better ZED than Dead! or my top 10 Zombie games

You might find something there you like, or at least dabble in the public opinions. zombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Dragon Enterprises
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Josh!

Here is a few:

Eaten By Zombies!
Munchkin Zombies
Munchkin Zombies 2: Armed and Dangerous
Zombie Fluxx
Zombie High School Card Game
Zombie in my Pocket
Zombie Mosh!
Zombie Ninja Pirates
Zombie State: Diplomacy of the Dead
Zombie Survival: The Board Game
Zombies!!! (and the various expansions)
ZombieTown (and the various expansions)
Dwarf King's Hold: Dead Rising (and the various expansions)
Little Dead Riding Hood

W. Rogers Abbott III
White Dragon Enterprises, Inc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Avery
Idaho
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
nguthrie wrote:


All Things Zombie: The Board Game resembles a war game in mechanics and play. Without having played many of these other games before, I'll hazard the opinion that ATZ:TBG is more complicated and a little harder to digest than many others on this list. There are a few things regarding gameplay that I wish had been designed differently, but overall I think it is a good game and worthy of serious consideration if you are not opposed to wargame style play.

One of the great things about ATZ:TBG is that not only does it play solo, but it plays very well solo. I haven't played it multiplayer, but I suspect it is at least as fun if not more fun as a solo game. This game can also be played cooperatively and competitively. Zombies are always controlled by the game mechanics.

There are only 6 scenarios available with the game, but it's not too hard to develop your own scenarios/missions if you so choose. The rules also supply a random scenario generator (in a sense) against another player if you so choose and want to try something other than one of the provided scenarios.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice of the Living Dead is a fun, free, solo, print-and-play game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Eaten by Zombies. Now I need to revisit this game.

There are two new zombies games coming in, Zpocalypse and Zombicide. But don't hold your breath as they're months away.

EDIT: link code
EDIT: Also, worth the look is Dark Darker Darkest, from the Panic Station guy, Davis Ausloos. It's not a zombie game though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
nguthrie wrote:


All Things Zombie: The Board Game resembles a war game in mechanics and play. Without having played many of these other games before, I'll hazard the opinion that ATZ:TBG is more complicated and a little harder to digest than many others on this list. There are a few things regarding gameplay that I wish had been designed differently, but overall I think it is a good game and worthy of serious consideration if you are not opposed to wargame style play.

One of the great things about ATZ:TBG is that not only does it play solo, but it plays very well solo. I haven't played it multiplayer, but I suspect it is at least as fun if not more fun as a solo game. This game can also be played cooperatively and competitively. Zombies are always controlled by the game mechanics.

There are only 6 scenarios available with the game, but it's not too hard to develop your own scenarios/missions if you so choose. The rules also supply a random scenario generator (in a sense) against another player if you so choose and want to try something other than one of the provided scenarios.


Based on this thread and the recommendations made, I just ordered All Things Zombie. My wife will now hate you. laugh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Avery
Idaho
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbat00 wrote:
Ryanmobile wrote:
nguthrie wrote:


All Things Zombie: The Board Game resembles a war game in mechanics and play. Without having played many of these other games before, I'll hazard the opinion that ATZ:TBG is more complicated and a little harder to digest than many others on this list. There are a few things regarding gameplay that I wish had been designed differently, but overall I think it is a good game and worthy of serious consideration if you are not opposed to wargame style play.

One of the great things about ATZ:TBG is that not only does it play solo, but it plays very well solo. I haven't played it multiplayer, but I suspect it is at least as fun if not more fun as a solo game. This game can also be played cooperatively and competitively. Zombies are always controlled by the game mechanics.

There are only 6 scenarios available with the game, but it's not too hard to develop your own scenarios/missions if you so choose. The rules also supply a random scenario generator (in a sense) against another player if you so choose and want to try something other than one of the provided scenarios.


Based on this thread and the recommendations made, I just ordered All Things Zombie. My wife will now hate you. laugh


Oh no, my wife hates me enough for my own game purchases. Now I'm hated by another wife! cry
Glad to know that I had a part in influencing you! zombie

The characters in ATZ:TBG are just regular folks, no superheros or warriors with combat skills and great discipline here. The mechanics do a good job of modeling this, as your characters don't always make sensible decisions and stay together. Some characters are likely to run away in panic from one group of zombies only to rush into an even worse situation. Others won't activate (read be paralyzed with fear) when they should and will get overcome by zombies because of this. Managing your decisions for this behavior, and watching it all go so very bad sometimes, is where a lot of this game's fun is for me. There are some pretty interesting mechanics here once you get through the rulebook.

Hopefully my recommendation won't disappoint!

Ryan
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. Just the type I like. thumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really enjoyed All Things Zombie TBG. I never really wanted to play games solo, but after playing that, I started to try other solo games. The turns are so quick in a solo game, and the tactics are really cool. You want to keep some of your characters together so they can all activate at the same time, and deciding whether or not to shoot a gun and risk attracting more zombies is cool.

If you want to make the game harder, don't use the crossbow

I don't like zombie movies or video games, but for some reason, I love zombie board games. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm a big scaredy cat whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Avery
Idaho
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameGeek » Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming
Re: Good Zombie Games
Bipf wrote:
If you want to make the game harder, don't use the crossbow


thumbsup

Shaun has played the game. zombie
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
badge
6700+ Profile Views and counting!
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised that Mark hasn't popped by this thread;

Mark Cookman
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb


He's responsible for probably one of the best Geeklists out there for Zombie-related games - 365ZED.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forawrd to three zombie games in 2012:

1) Zombicide
2) Zpocalypse
3) Dark Darker Darkest

Also planning to make my own zombie game : http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/118740/mall-of-the-deads
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
badge
6700+ Profile Views and counting!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultracheng wrote:

3) Dark Darker Darkest


Am and have been looking forward to this for a while as well! Looks amazing!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.