Recommend
104 
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » Sponsored Promotions

Subject: New Feature! Gone Cardboard now tracks crowd-funding/pre-orders! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to announce to everyone that the Gone Cardboard section now tracks games that are up for crowd-funding/pre-order! On the home page, just scroll down to the Gone Cardboard module and click on the new "Pre-Order" filter.



Once there, as you can see, you can sort by either "Hot" (most thumbs up) or "Pre-Order End Date" (where pre-orders that are ending the soonest will display first).

If you click through to the actual Gone Cardboard system (which can also be accessed from the top menu by going to Browse > Gone Cardboard), you can see even more information, including a link straight to the pre-order page! In case you're wondering why some URLs are bolded, this indicates that the publisher is currently advertising that game on BGG.



So how does this information make it into Gone Cardboard? Good question! This is where you come in! Anyone can add pre-order information by navigating to the version entry of a game that coincides with the version of the game currently up for pre-order. Click “View” on this version.



If you see there is not yet any preorder information entered for the version, and there should be, click "Corrections".



Finally, enter the appropriate pre-order information.



You'll be using the following fields:

Pre-order Type: There is a dropdown with a few of the usual sites for crowd-funding/pre-orders, such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo. You can also choose "publisher" for pre-orders directly from the publisher (such as the GMT P500 program). You can also click “Other”.

Override Pre-order Type: If you chose “Other”, enter the title of the preorder platform here.

Pre-Order Start Date: Pretty self-explanatory!

Pre-Order End Date: Pretty self-explanatory! The only thing of note here is to leave this blank if it is a pre-order program with an unspecified end date (many P500-type programs fall under this).

Once you fill in the fields, just click “Submit Correction” and an admin will eventually get it approved and into the system!

We hope you enjoy this new functionality! It should be a great resource for those that are into crowd-funding and pre-orders!
41 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brzuziwski
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
More Monskers
badge
I am blue
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks pretty slick. Nice addition!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a nice feature but it needs to be able to be sorted by type (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc) so that people can easily see what they want.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris James
United States
Payson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great feature. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Any possible way this info could get
automatically populated on the game's page too?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
I play games
badge
Seven
mbmbmbmbmb
Should we include P500 games?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Any possible way this info could get
automatically populated on the game's page too?


Oh please no!

Game pages are already a bit too advertising focused, with descriptions being overblownn and the BGG marketplace and ad spaces taking up all the prime page real estate, with actual informative user provided content way "below the fold".

Please keep this hidden away in the invisible Gone Cardboard segment of the site so those of us who don't want marketing hype continually thrown at us and just want to discuss games can safely ignore it!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for this feature!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great addition!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mean to be a wet blanket, Nate, but you know you can customize your game page display, right? You can tuck away and move to the bottom things you tire of seeing; slide what you like to the top. For example, my layout has the User Information as the top module, albeit collapsed. For my use of BGG, it was very annoying for it to be so far down the page.

Oh, and congratulations on your progeny!
NateStraight wrote:
Oh please no!

Game pages are already a bit too advertising focused, with descriptions being overblownn and the BGG marketplace and ad spaces taking up all the prime page real estate, with actual informative user provided content way "below the fold".

Please keep this hidden away in the invisible Gone Cardboard segment of the site so those of us who don't want marketing hype continually thrown at us and just want to discuss games can safely ignore it!
4 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Any possible way this info could get
automatically populated on the game's page too?


Oh please no!

Game pages are already a bit too advertising focused, with descriptions being overblownn and the BGG marketplace and ad spaces taking up all the prime page real estate, with actual informative user provided content way "below the fold".

Please keep this hidden away in the invisible Gone Cardboard segment of the site so those of us who don't want marketing hype continually thrown at us and just want to discuss games can safely ignore it!
Er...

I'm asking that a game's release date be published on the game's page. I suppose you can leave off the KS link but of course it seems like it's in BGG's financial interests to sell this to space to advertisers as well. I don't really care, but I do want the release date because it can be difficult to go find the release date on Gone Cardboard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Edo already has its KS info enbedded into an ad on its BGG page but of course you can ad block that. Also, it appears the company running Edo's KS campaign is in fact BGG, which is a tad weird.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
NateStraight wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Any possible way this info could get
automatically populated on the game's page too?


Oh please no!

Game pages are already a bit too advertising focused, with descriptions being overblownn and the BGG marketplace and ad spaces taking up all the prime page real estate, with actual informative user provided content way "below the fold".

Please keep this hidden away in the invisible Gone Cardboard segment of the site so those of us who don't want marketing hype continually thrown at us and just want to discuss games can safely ignore it!
Er...

I'm asking that a game's release date be published on the game's page. I suppose you can leave off the KS link


This appears to be how it already is integrated... look at the versions module as pictured above and on any game page.

It seems a useless statistic, since release dates are in constant flux and completely irrelevant until they happen.

This is just one more thing for impatient customers to complain about: "But BGG said the game would be released July 2012!"

It's also the absolute pinnacle of cult of the new; more discussion seems to happen 'round here for games that don't exist yet than for games that do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:
I don't mean to be a wet blanket, Nate, but you know you can customize your game page display, right? You can tuck away and move to the bottom things you tire of seeing; slide what you like to the top. For example, my layout has the User Information as the top module, albeit collapsed. For my use of BGG, it was very annoying for it to be so far down the page.


At your behest, I've changed it... and was quite surprised to see it trickled through to all game pages. I never even touched the dang thing [yes, I knew about the link / option] because, being linked only on individual game pages, I figured it would change nothing except a single game page's layout, not game pages across the site. Thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have that module on my home page.

Do I have to log out to see it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you...very helpful....Vicky
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGG_Front_Page#

Didn't have it myself found this guide to help.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameGeek » Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » Sponsored Promotions
Re: New Feature! Gone Cardboard now tracks crowd-funding/pre-orders!
NateStraight wrote:
At your behest, I've changed it... and was quite surprised to see it trickled through to all game pages. I never even touched the dang thing [yes, I knew about the link / option] because, being linked only on individual game pages, I figured it would change nothing except a single game page's layout, not game pages across the site. Thanks.
Excellent! I'm glad it was helpful for you. Have a lovely week!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great feature!

Is there a way to have this part displayed by default? I can only find a setting for hot/recent/active on my front page edit...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
jmdsplotter wrote:
Great feature!

Is there a way to have this part displayed by default? I can only find a setting for hot/recent/active on my front page edit...


Not in the current system Jeroen, but the redesign will. When I designed the module system - Hot, Recent, and Active was all I thought we would ever need.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh thank god! There wasn't enough kickstarter related stuff here on BGG lately...

snore
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
7isprime wrote:
Should we include P500 games?

Yup! As noted above, this would fall under "Publisher" for the pre-order type. You would also likely leave the end date blank for such pre-orders, since most P500 programs don't have a specific end date.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
This is a nice feature but it needs to be able to be sorted by type (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc) so that people can easily see what they want.

Boom! Done!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.