Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
58 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Is there anything Pres Obama does not blame on Pres. Bush? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Die, human scum!
badge
Resistance is useless!
mb
And here's the video. These people are having a lot of fun with your money.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Die, human scum!
badge
Resistance is useless!
mb
damiangerous wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Actually, the point I was responding to insisted there was nothing in either of the two linked articles to suggest that the Obama administration was laying the blame on the Bush administration. I quoted the portion where it can be found.

No, the post you responded to asked if there was any support for the claim. That the claim had been made was not in question. Requoting the same assertion is not support.


He seemed to be questioning whether such a claim was made at all. I admit there are two ways of reading it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
And here's the video. These people are having a lot of fun with your money.


Holy shit. OUUUTRAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!

Government employees should never have fun! Most decent, hardworking REAL AMERICANS could never afford to make a silly hip hop video and go to professional conventions!



AMERICA DIED TODAY. THANKS A LOT, O'BUMMER!!!!

(seriously though, those YouTube comments are awesome)
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:

You're a symbol.


Is that the new nomenclature? Got it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
So . . . do I understand that the RSP Obama apologists think the GSA waste here was perfectly acceptable? This doesn't bother you at all?


Drew, speaking only for myself and everybody else here, we have no idea what you understand. I would be very curious to learn how you got the impression that anybody in this thread thinks the GSA boondoggle was "acceptable."

But the OP - and you in your initial response - didn't seem as much concerned about the GSA boondoggle as whether the Obama Administration (which, it should be pointed out, actually did fire and force the resignations of the people in charge of the GSA) had somehow "blamed Bush" for this scandal.

So . . . do I understand that the Obama haters think that it's more important whether the Obama White House said something about the Bush Administration in relation to this scandal than whether the Obama White House actually responded appropriately to the scandal itself? This doesn't seem like a ridiculous misplacement of outrage to you at all?
11 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The people responsible got fired, but the Obamasessives are complaining that some unnamed source in the whitehouse mentioned the Bush administration. Why wasn't that source named? Oh right, it was a Fox News report...

This seems like a case of media bias. I thought we didn't like that?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameGeek » Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics
Re: Is there anything Pres Obama does not blame on Pres. Bush?
There seems to be a pattern in RSP.

1. Anti-Obama poster makes a sweeping statement about some bad thing Obama allegedly did. (In this case an accusation that Obama blames everything on Bush, including the recent GOA scandal.)
2. Other anti-Obama posters chime in in agreement. (In this case, DWT and Drew.)
3. Someone points out that the accusation isn't actually supported. (In this case, the support is that one article says that the administration "argued" something but no quote or source is offered.)
4. One or more of the anti-Obama posters ignores this in favor of zeroing in on something dumb that was said by a liberal or, even better, a suggestion that they only mind bad government when a Democrat is in charge. (See Drew saying that fenners is, "Quite wrong, I assure you.")
5. The "support problem" of the OP is brought up again.
6. It is either 6a)ignored or else 6b)an answer is offered to some other problem. (See Drew quoting the "argued" passage.)
7. If 6b), the request is clarified and repeated.
8. See 6a) and
9. The inference is made that arguing that the OP needs support (or is false) implies that we think whatever government failing is under discussion is perfectly acceptable since Obama is in charge. This step will occur despite examples of posters saying the exact opposite.
10. Repeat step one with a new thread and new accusation.
19 
 Thumb up
2.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
The people responsible got fired, but the Obamasessives are complaining that some unnamed source in the whitehouse mentioned the Bush administration. Why wasn't that source named? Oh right, it was a Fox News report...

This seems like a case of media bias. I thought we didn't like that?


Like anything, wait long enough and the facts will start coming out. So far the WH has been unable to deflect this off on Bush, Yes, an "unnamed WH official" has made statements that this all began under Bush and eventually we'll find out who it is. Numbers were presented to back up the assertions that Bush is at fault, Obama a victim and actually a hero.

Except, the lady who ran the GSA during Bush's years has been making the rounds. She had issues and was accused back then of abuses but it seems the guy who was the main accuser ended up being convicted of lying to congress about it. The primary thing that caught my attention this lady, Doan, said is that the numbers coming from the WH that prove it was Bush's doing are comparing national conventions (or national meetings) of several thousand employees to this Vegas thing which had 300 attendees.

As for Chad's assertion that I'm merely an anti-Obama reactionary, meh. Obama is the president and I'm at a loss to find anything significant that is actually better than it was during the horrible years of the Bush presidency. If the man is a fucking incompetent and has proven it (and he has, by any measure) then what is expected of his victims? To just go along and get along? To shrug and say, "Well, all politicians lie. All politicians are self-serving criminals. At least Obama tried."

Here's what I know - shit ain't fixed. It ain't better. Oh sure, for those who have jobs or are better off (the minority) it's pretty easy to arrogantly accuse the entire rest of the nation of being a bunch of whiners and Obama-haters. Of course, that makes those who haven't been victimized by the events of the last 6 years elitist and lacking in any compassion except for their own welfare or immediate needs and wants. Kind of like what everyone accuses politicians of doing.

Part of the reason I have difficulty watching Fox, CNN, MSNBC during the day is how all of them have formatted their programs to present equal numbers of left/right minions. Believe me, Obama's people are still out their every day blaming everything on Bush. And the R's are sending their people out every day blaming it on Obama.

So when Chad or anyone else marginalizes critics of Obama I think he demeans and actually makes fun of the majority of Americans who were promised something, voted for the guy and then got shafted, finding themselves even worse off than when Devil-Bush was president. It's no secret I have an immense distrust of B. Obama and believe him to be nothing more than a tool. But maybe I'm right. Ever think about that? You might be wrong and if you are the entire nation pays the price because you refused to believe your guy is a piece of shit. If I'm wrong then nobody gets hurt.

You'd better hope I'm wrong.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Die, human scum!
badge
Resistance is useless!
mb
Golux13 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
So . . . do I understand that the RSP Obama apologists think the GSA waste here was perfectly acceptable? This doesn't bother you at all?


Drew, speaking only for myself and everybody else here, we have no idea what you understand. I would be very curious to learn how you got the impression that anybody in this thread thinks the GSA boondoggle was "acceptable."


Perhaps the way RSP's Democrats rush to cover for Obama gave me that impression.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Perhaps the way RSP's Democrats rush to cover for Obama gave me that impression.

You are the one that recently posted a thread about media bias, yet here are a few of your posts in this thread:

Drew1365 wrote:
And the White House actually used the "Bush did it, too" excuse?

Quote:
The administration also argued Friday night that the cost of the Western Regional Conference increased sharply under the Bush White House -- from $93,000 in 2004 to $323,855 in 2006 to $655,025 in 2008, then $840,616 in 2010, or just 28 percent under Obama.

Drew1365 wrote:
What else does the word "argued" mean here, except that they were trying to defer the blame?


That "argued" was not sourced although they did source a few other quotes in that article. Don't you find that a bit odd? It didn't even say "an unnamed whitehouse source" or anything.

SO if we are supposed to be on the look out for media bias, shouldn't that be ALL of us and ALL types. Or does that not include bias against the Obama administration?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
So . . . do I understand that the RSP Obama apologists think the GSA waste here was perfectly acceptable? This doesn't bother you at all?


Drew, speaking only for myself and everybody else here, we have no idea what you understand. I would be very curious to learn how you got the impression that anybody in this thread thinks the GSA boondoggle was "acceptable."


Perhaps the way RSP's Democrats rush to cover for Obama gave me that impression.


You mean the way people pointed out that the OP's links didn't actually show what the OP's headline and post said? That's "rushing to cover for Obama"?

Let's be clear here: Nobody here suggested that the boondoggle was no big deal, or that the GSA officials shouldn't have been fired or forced to resign. So whatever it is you understand, it isn't what anybody here has said.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compared to the titanic corruption in the last administration, this is peanuts.

Any bureaucratic entity has these types of employees, whether they are government or corporate. My buddy worked for a health insurer that sponsored a formula one racing team for friggin sake.

Will we ever get a reliable audit of pentagon spending? There are some real dollars in a black hole over there.

This story is a small sideshow to a far bigger and more important narrative.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Like anything, wait long enough and the facts will start coming out. So far the WH has been unable to deflect this off on Bush, Yes, an "unnamed WH official" has made statements that this all began under Bush and eventually we'll find out who it is. Numbers were presented to back up the assertions that Bush is at fault, Obama a victim and actually a hero.


And once again, it's hard to tell your serious posts from your parodies. Surely you don't think that even if the "argument" turns out to be exactly as presented that it asserts that Obama is a victim or hero? Naw.

Quote:
As for Chad's assertion that I'm merely an anti-Obama reactionary, meh.


Meh yourself. I never said you're a reactionary, or "merely" anything. I just said that you're anti-Obama. You're also part of a crowd that can generally be counted on to chime in on any anti-Obama thread, saving your demand for facts for other subjects.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
Without President Bush there wouldn't be a President Obama.


So are you saying the Bamster's father isn't a Kenyan Communist? No offense, but I don't think Bush is black enough to be his father.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Part of the reason I have difficulty watching Fox, CNN, MSNBC during the day is how all of them have formatted their programs to present equal numbers of left/right minions. Believe me, Obama's people are still out their every day blaming everything on Bush. And the R's are sending their people out every day blaming it on Obama.

Where are you seeing this daily blaiming on Bush stuff going on, because I'm totally missing it. Or is this another joke? No one seems to be mentioning Bush at all this cycle. I've been waiting for him to endorse Romney like the rest of Clan Bush have but he seems to be keeping a low profile.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Part of the reason I have difficulty watching Fox, CNN, MSNBC during the day is how all of them have formatted their programs to present equal numbers of left/right minions. Believe me, Obama's people are still out their every day blaming everything on Bush. And the R's are sending their people out every day blaming it on Obama.

Where are you seeing this daily blaiming on Bush stuff going on, because I'm totally missing it. Or is this another joke? No one seems to be mentioning Bush at all this cycle. I've been waiting for him to endorse Romney like the rest of Clan Bush have but he seems to be keeping a low profile.


And strangely enough, the "scandal" has been on CNN and Fox just today. In both instances the "WH source" was mentioned in portraying the Bush administration as the one that started the problem and the BO WH as the one that fixed it. That's where the numbers that both networks plastered on the screen apparently came from.

I'm kind of a "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" kind of guy on the subject. I suspect this, along with Solyndra, the guns to cartels ATF/DEA scandal and ObamaCare will be much discussed and much more revealed as the summer approaches. Seat belts please.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still not seeing why this is such an negative for the Obamasessives. This is a conference that is held every 2 years. 2010 was the first time that it was held under Obama's watch. The Inspecctor General's report on the debacle just came out. The people responsible are being held responsible and fired. That sounds like exactly what should be happening.

Now if the people weren't being fired, or if this had happened more than once and the first report was ignored, then yeah, but really??
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Die, human scum!
badge
Resistance is useless!
mb
Obamasessives?



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Drew.

I'm not sure where to add "Link to Onion Humor Piece rather than Deal with Blatant Double-Standard," but I'll keep an eye on future threads to see if it needs to be added.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Die, human scum!
badge
Resistance is useless!
mb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Thanks Drew.


You're welcome. I was just trying to figure out what "Obamasessives" meant, and that's what came up when I did a search. Funny, ain't it?
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Thanks Drew.

I'm not sure where to add "Link to Onion Humor Piece rather than Deal with Blatant Double-Standard," but I'll keep an eye on future threads to see if it needs to be added.


Well, when I need to link to a humorous Onion piece, this is typically my go-to article.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Thanks Drew.

I'm not sure where to add "Link to Onion Humor Piece rather than Deal with Blatant Double-Standard," but I'll keep an eye on future threads to see if it needs to be added.


Well, when I need to link to a humorous Onion piece, this is typically my go-to article.


I prefer this one.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Thanks Drew.

I'm not sure where to add "Link to Onion Humor Piece rather than Deal with Blatant Double-Standard," but I'll keep an eye on future threads to see if it needs to be added.


Well, when I need to link to a humorous Onion piece, this is typically my go-to article.


I prefer this one.


I bet you do.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Thanks Drew.

I'm not sure where to add "Link to Onion Humor Piece rather than Deal with Blatant Double-Standard," but I'll keep an eye on future threads to see if it needs to be added.


Well, when I need to link to a humorous Onion piece, this is typically my go-to article.


I prefer this one.


I bet you do.


You know me.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmbmbmbmb
This remains my personal favorite, after many years.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.