Dice Hate Me(ckirkman)United States
North CarolinaThe boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
In this episode of The State of Games, we have a nice chat - again! - with favorite guest Richard Launius, designer of the classics Arkham Horror, Elder Sign and Defenders of the Realm. The trio discuss Richard's current design in Defenders of the Realm: Battlefields, his involvement with the latest Sentinels of the Multiverse expansion, his feelings on Kickstarter, and some future projects in pulp and pirates. All this, plus talk of Origins plans, some morbidly humorous gameplay in Village and Infarkt, the fan-favorite Hawaii, Darrell Louder's chemistry brainchild Compounded, and progress on our very own Take the Bait, Soapbox Derby and VivaJava. Come on in, the water's packed!
Join us in the realm:
Link to podcast on BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepodcastepisode/79513/the-o...
External link to podcast on Dice Hate Me, with supplemental content:
You can also subscribe to our podcast through iTunes! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-state-of-games/id4202...
Notes on podcast content in relation to tagged games
- Defenders of the Realm: Battlefields - Details of production, design and art development notes, brief discussion of gameplay
- Sentinels of the Multiverse: Infernal Relics - Details of development, collaboration
- Ace Detective - Notes on production, design and development
- Pirates vs. Dinosaurs - Notes on design
- Hawaii - Discussion of gameplay, opinion
- Village - Discussion of gameplay, opinion
- Infarkt - Discussion of gameplay, opinion
- Take the Bait - Design and development notes, news on beta testing
Games or game content not tagged or not in BGG database
- Soapbox Derby
- Lucky Dice
- Elder Sign
- Arkham Horror