W. Eric MartinUnited States
unboxing video of Wizards of the Coast's Conquest of Nerath.
• Clicker Spiele has noted two releases for 2011 on its website: a second edition of Fliegen naschen limited to 99 copies and a second edition of Blue presented in a tin case.
• Günter Cornett of Bambus Spieleverlag announced in his June 2011 newsletter that he will have a hand-made version of Pingvinas – aka, Hey, That's My Fish! – available at Spiel 2011. No word on how many copies might be available or what one might cost.
• Steve Jackson Games has posted a ten-image photo series of what goes on at its manufacturer in China. The reality is far less glamourous than you might expect.
• Dice Hate Me previews Dark Horse, a game project currently live on Kickstarter, and interviews designer Don Lloyd. I'm posting a designer diary from Lloyd on Monday, June 6, so check back if you want to learn more about the game.
• Stefan Brück notes in the alea Q&A forum that the 10th anniversary edition of Puerto Rico will be at least twice as expensive as the regular edition. The details on what that edition will contain and look like will be released in Q3 2011.
• Tikal II is now playable online on Jeux sur un Plateau. (You need to set up an account on JSP in order to reach the online games section.)
• Not new, but new to me: TricTrac.net highlighted "Life Size Mousetrap", a full-scale version of the Mouse Trap game from the 1960s. Nostalgia is a right powerful force...
• OT and self-serving: My game auction/moving sale with 201 listings ends Monday, June 6 at 8 pm EDT. Titles up for grabs include Talisman (second edition) and four expansions, Marvel Heroes, Mutabohn and much more. A number of games have no bids yet (of course they're mostly sucky games, but still...), and many others have low prices. Add to your collection, while helping to cover my moving costs – we all benefit!