-matt s.(tasajara)United States
What's on the table today? Or rather, what happened to the table? Well, I was cleaning out the garage a bit over the weekend and wanted to try to get all 6 of my chairs into the room. So, I got most everything picked up and stacked back up on the shelves. Then, I moved the table a bit - at an angle so that I could maybe get the other 2 chairs on the ends. And, that seemed to work. Now, it's all in there and it's sort of tight but I think it works.
Well, I did until I had Bob over and it wasn't really set up properly with the side tables for drinks. So, I had to move stuff around a bit to make it work.
So, it's a little crowded in the room and I'm still figuring it out. But I like the dynamic feel of it at an angle. It also opens up a little space around the shelves.
Anyhow, we'll see how the room works out this way.
You may have noticed that box on the side table. That's my box of Dominion. I just updated it with more dividers to fit Dominion: Cornucopia into the box. I also created labels to give it a cover and sides - it's been a plain brown box since I put it together back in December (I think) and I wanted it labeled so others would know what's inside.
Here's the box:
And here's how it looks inside:
I have uploaded all the files and they are STILL pending (they've been pending for at least 4 days now I think - hopefully they go through soon). Actually, most of the dividers were already uploaded but I did a few small fixes, re-adjusted the pages for more flexibility in printing, and added some new additional dividers - all based on requests from other users.
I'll post the links to the files here once they are approved.
Also, you can see there's a small red box on the side table as well. That's my newly created Risk Express. I built it from the cards, box and bits from the big round tin edition of Risk
Here's the tin edition that I started with:
Here's what the end product looks like:
I 'pimped' it out a bit more by re-using the player pieces to indicate point values. The cool thing about this is that at the end of the game each player has a line of soldiers in in front of them indicating their score...plus it just adds to the theme a bit more.
The dice are made from RSVP letter cubes with stickers applied. They fit very nicely into the little box.
Speaking of those letter cubes, here are some creative shots I had fun taking:
While I was feeling creative, I also tried some 'action' shots rolling the Risk Express dice:
Well, that's just a quick update for this week. This weekend I hope to get Part 2 posted with more images and details about the Ticket to Ride: Northern Egypt map.
Finally, if you thumb this post and come back to thumb ANY BLOG post of mine this month (July) I will be giving away a copy of the final version of Ticket to Ride: Northern Egypt + cards that we submitted to the TtR design contest. Don't forget to check out all my posts for this month! Good luck!