New York City
In a typical game of Twilight Struggle, the draw deck will reshuffle while dealing out the cards for Turns 3 and 7. Occasionally, the deck will reshuffle immediately before Turn 10 as well.
What this means is that cards can fall into one of several categories:
* Any card played or discarded on Turns 1 and 2 will be guaranteed to be redrawn between Turns 3-7
* Any card played or discarded on Turns 3-6 will not be redrawn until Turns 7-10
* Any card played or discarded on Turn 7 or later will probably not be redrawn, and if it is, it would only be on Turn 10
Note that this is not a perfect overlap with when the cards come out:
* All Early War cards are guaranteed to be drawn between Turns 1-3
* All Mid War cards are shuffled in on Turn 4, and therefore are guaranteed to be drawn between Turns 4-7
* All Late War cards are shuffled in on Turn 8, and will be drawn only on Turns 8-10 (if at all)
What does this mean strategically?
To continue reading, visit Twilight Strategy