Brad CummingsUnited States
The Latest News
Apple Product Event Announced for March 7th
There is an Apple Event coming up. Rumors are that it will be about iPad 3. This should mean new developments for the iOS board game world. Read more on Wired.com.
I was able to chat with the guys from Playdek and Todd at AEG and here are some updates on their projects. Overall the key is that they are increasing their staff so that they can put games out faster. This should be good news for all Playdek fans.- Nightfall: Nightfall is now less than a month out from release. It will have the Playdek features you know and love including a new and improved User Interface and the return of the online game timers. The game will launch with the three original promo cards available as unlockables. Future promo cards and expansion are planned for the app.
- Summoner Wars: Testing is going well and they are moving forward. The app should be released before June.
- Agricola: This project is moving along as well. It should be available by Summer 2012.Codito Update
I was able to chat with Chris Ewington from Codito and was able to get some updates on their projects:
- Le Havre: Development is still progressing. March or early April is the planned release window.
- Through the Ages: This is also moving along well. Chris explained that they have gotten good feedback from early testers. They are still aiming for a May release.
- Puerto Rico: An update in the works. They hope to have it out by the end of March.
- Tigris and Euphrates: An update for this app will be coming within the next few weeks. You can read about the details of tee update here.
Big Daddy's Creations Update
I was able to chat with Lukasz from Big Daddy's Creations and got some updates on their projects:
- Neuroshima Hex Online: They are building a lot of the online system from scratch. They hope to finish development soon and then enter testing. It should be released sometime in April.
- Caylus Stability Update: This update should be out sometime in March or early April.
- Eclipse, Stronghold and Zombiaki: Eclipse and Stronghold are still billed for a 2012 release. There are no specific dates yet but it does look like the priority will be 1. Eclipse, 2. Stronghold, and 3. Zombiaki.
Designer Sean Ross posted an update here on BGG. He says the gameplay, art, menus and such have been done for a while. Sean says the developer is currently working on the AI and is looking to release the game as soon as he can. No date has been discussed.
Skotos says March for Web of Power Card Game
Shannon at Skotos confirms that the release date for Michael Schacht's Web of Power Card Game: The Duel has been moved to March. It should release on or around the 19th.Titan HD Upate
We received word from developer Kris Geising that the first update for Titan HD is almost complete. It will feature improvements for new players such as a tutorial and more transparent AI moves. The release date is still unknown.
A second update is also planned that will include online multiplayer.
Cities & Knights Expansion for Catan Update
We spoke with the folks from USM and they gave us a quick update. They explained that the expansion is being fine tuned right now and will enter beta testing soon. They do not have an exact date but they would like to release the it in March if possible. Catan players can also suggest achievements to be included in the Catan app on their Facebook page.
They also mentioned that Rivals of Catan is currently in beta testing. They did not mention a release date but it appears we may see this app soon as well.
Chunky Fighters Info
The makers of Chunky Fighters have been busy with two new physical game launches: BattleCON and Mystic Empyrean. They said iOS development for Chunky Fights will be in full swing again soon and they expect a May release date. Look for more info on this coming shortly.New Releases
Gamebook Adventures 8: Infinite Universe Released
Tin Man Games has released their latest Gamebook Adventure. This time you can download the app for free and try it out. There is an IAP for the rest of the adventure if you find yourself hooked. I have played a previous Gamebook and it was quite enjoyable. Check it out on iTunes.
This free app appears to be an interesting dexterity game. It is universal and available now. Check it out on iTunes.
Haru Ichiban Released
Id&aL recently launched Haru Ichiban in the app store. It includes AI play as well as pass and play. It is an abstract strategy game for two players and was developed by the same fellow as Blue Lion and Timeline. Check it out on iTunes.
Logic Factory Updates Ascendency:
This update appears to fix many performance issues. You can check out the details on iTunes.
Starbase Orion Updated
This interesting space civilization sim has been updated. We will be posting a review of this great game soon. The updated features include pass and play games, new map sizes, and more online multiplayer options. You can read more here.
Kingdom Builder Randomizer Updated to version 1.1
A new update is in the app store that gives more clarity on the difference between the Tavern, Barn and Farm. You can check it out on iTunes.