$10.00

PnP Christmas Project 2012

Details of the PnP Games Made in 2012
Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide

Mead Making Brings Balance

tom franklin
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday started off with the assemblage of a 5 gallon batch of Orange Mead. The must is happily fermenting away now and I'm considering my options for either additional orange flavoring (zest and OJ) and/or adding a few vanilla beans to the secondary. I'll have to see how the must tastes after the fermentation has ended and decide then.

It's nice to have options. cool

Saturday afternoon was spent back with the SiL's Christmas Project. After last week's feelings of burn-out, it was good to have the day divided into different projects. Here's what I accomplished:

Serica: Plains of Dust
In a recent online interview, Todd Sanders said this was his favorite of the games he's created. That was enough for me to bump it to the top of the Whim List.

My first print-out of the board turned out to be a Fit-to-Page printing (thanks, Acrobat), which made the board far too small to be used. I went back to the original image, split it into three segments/files and printed each separately. I made a backing sheet for the three board segments and printed those out as well. The tri-fold board is pretty nice -- although there's a millimeter-thin line between each of the three mounted images that drives me up a wall each time I see it. I may need to make another version of this for the SiL.

The cards for this one were difficult to line up due to the dark colors of both the fronts and the backs. I still need to re-trim about 1/3 of the cards before I'm finally done with this one.


Volo
A quick abstract board-only game. I mounted this on a bi-fold board with a backing made from the game logo.


Shadows Upon Lassadar
Turns out I had printed out a copy of SUL 1 a while back and glued the pages, but never cut them out. I managed to forget this and print out a second copy that's already made and ready for a box (and tuckbox). I glued the card fronts/backs and cut them out. I'll probably keep this one for myself.


Stratocracy
I have the original, large hexes printed out along with a generic backing image (I took the outer edge of the Player Aid tile and replaced the text with the game name/logo). They need to be mounted and cut out. The nine cards were glued and probably are still drying on the back porch where I've forgotten about them until just now. whistle


The next big thing on the horizon is to start making boxes for these games. My computer room is becoming a collection of bagged bits and pieces and boards that need to be better organized than they currently are. (Most are in upside-down, former blank CD containers.) And, of course, along with the boxes must come printed box labels.

Oh, and tuckboxes for all of the cards as well.
Twitter Facebook
0 Comments
Subscribe sub options Tue Apr 3, 2012 3:10 am
Post Rolls
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{error.message}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}

Subscribe

Categories

Contributors

Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.