In 1889, 2-6 players will use money to purchase shares in railroad companies during Share Dealing Rounds. Between subsequent Share Dealing Rounds, railroad corporations then conduct operations on the game board, with the decisions being made by the player who is the major share holder. The game simulates the progression of railroad development during an historic period on Shikoku. Old trains become obsolete while the revenue earnings from cities grows over time. Players will try to purchase the most profitable shares at the right times of the game to maximize earnings in dividends and stock value gains. In the end, the player with the highest value of personal cash and held stocks is the winner.
The game was originally available in kit form from Wild Heaven, and is now also being published by Deep Thought Games, LLC.
Private Companies for Beginner Game
Private Companies clarified and corrected.
Tile Manifest corrected and prettied up.
Player Number Cards and Priority Card in RED and BLUE.
Colorized Company Charters.
A quick reference card for 18xx beginners, done in the style of Carthaginian's redesign. Any corrections would be GREATLY appreciated, as I am an 18xx neophyte myself.
The text of the card says:
§ STOCK ROUND (SR): Buy-Sell or Sell-Buy
• You may only buy one certificate at a time.
• You may sell as many as you can from as many companies as you like—but no more than 50% of a company may be in the Open Market, and a President's Certificate may not end in the Open Market.
• Each Private Company counts as one certificate.
• A player may not Sell and then Buy the same company's stock in the same SR.
• Buy: from Initial Offering—pay par price to Bank.
or from Open Market—pay market price to Bank.
• Sell: Calculate sales at current...
This is a two-page player aid which assumes you know the basics of 18xx and just want to know the particulars for 1889. It is meant to be printed on both sides of a single sheet. 1.1 - Fixed the bidding rule for privates.
Based on the excellent Carthaginian's redesign, these charters are designed to be printed two to a page instead of four to a page. These are not simply scaled up, but redrawn to keep the scales of the tokens consistent.
3rd and hopefully last version of the community pack.
This is a pack of tricks to Carthaginian's awesome modification of 1889. The gameplay and the rules are not modified.
The aim is to improve even more the design to make it more beginner friendly, and more readable.
List of changes from Carthaginian's redesign :
- The par price is now written next to the IPO. What's more, the stock market and the IPO are now clearly separated to avoid common mistakes.
- Several signifiers has been added next to the stock market to help remember rules, and more space added for sold shares.
- The effect of phase changes is now written with big icons instead of a tiny writing.
How to apply the community pack ?
Just copy the files inside the community pack inside the folder of the original...