In the year 1455, five lords are struggling for power in the middle of the Italian peninsula, and precisely in the area of the Adriatic coast:
- Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, Condottiero and Lord of Rimini and Fano
- Federico II da Montefeltro, Condottiero and Lord of Urbino
- Domenico Malatesta, brother of Sigismondo. Condottiero and Lord of Cesena
- Alessandro Sforza (brother of Francesco Sforza), Lord of Pesaro
- Giacomo Piccinino, Condottiero subsidized by Alfonso d’Aragona King of Naples (who hates Sigismondo), he is trying to achieve a state for himself at the expense of Sigismondo
This ziplock-bag wargame contains:
- A 60*84 cm map, divided in areas (and not in hexagons)
- 16 objectives cards
- Five counter sheets
- Two sheets of coins
- A rulebook
- Five red and five blue dice
At the third turn of the game, every player randomly pick an objective card. The first player to reach the objective written on his/her card is the winner.
L’elefante e l’aquila means “the elephant and the eagle”. The elephant was a secondary banner of the Malatesta family, and the eagle was the banner of Montefeltro family.
Rules and cards are only in Italian.