This is a game of tactics and counter-attacks during which you will seize any opportunity to take tricks and get blazons other than yours. Each player plays for his/her own self but alliances may be useful and are sometimes more than welcome. But beware of traitors!
The goal of the game is to score as many points as possible by taking tricks and collecting blazons other than yours. You will score points for the tricks you get and the blazons placed in front of you, but remember that the only blazons from which you can get points should be face up and different from your own blazon!!!
- 56 playing cards: 8 per blazon, each representing a character (mischievous, peasant, fiddler, magistrate, friar, intendant, middle-class woman and middle-class man); some characters have special powers. Card values range from 0 to 7;
- 7 “blazon cards” used for player identification and scoring points;
- 28 “blazon tokens” (4 tokens per blazon);
- 1 booklet including game rules;
- 11 additional cards, for game variants: 4 “middle-class” cards (lower, average, upper, higher), and 7 other “friar” playing cards (with special powers).