Throughout the rich history of ancient China, the Three Kingdoms has always been a chaotic and awe-inspiring time period. Larger than life characters such as the fierce SHU general ZHANG Fei, the cunning WEI warlord CAO Cao, and the legendary SHU strategist ZHUGE Liang have inspired generations of people with their stories of valor, deceit, and strategy.
Legends of the Three Kingdoms replicate this historic age and allows players to assume the identities of these fabled heroes. Combining these heroes with role play, battle, deception, and other elements, we created a fun and exciting game that can be shared with many. We hope you will have as much fun playing as we had bringing this game to you.
Legends of the Three Kingdoms (a.k.a. San Guo Sha) is a card game based off the Chinese classical novel, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and shares many rules with BANG!. The differences are as follows:
1. The Monarch (Sheriff) may get an additional skill related to their kingdom allegiance; players routinely have two powers.
2. Weapons may have their own additional powers.
3. A card to let a player borrow a weapon from another.
4. A card to cancel the effect of other cards.
5. Peach (Beer) may be played by any player when someone loses their last life; there is no exemption of using Peach when there are only 2 players left.
6. The game proceeds counter-clockwise.
7. Reincarnation*: The Dead may return to the game (start with 1 life) when he gets 3 or 4 cards from other players (a player may only give 1 card to the Dead within his round); the risen Dead are not counted to the winning condition.
1) I first worked with the translations on (A), (B) and (C). By worked I mean: made lots of corrections, made the text thiner and more fit to the box, also added many abbreviations to save space. Adapted the box so it is more fit to the card, and also customized some boxes height according to their characters (since the space for the ability is different on some characters with more text).
2) Added a FAQ behind the translation for all the characters who needed it (from (C), (D) and my own).
3) I included translations for the characters released after 2012 as well as tool cards and equipment cards (all from (D)).
4) In 2013 some characters abilities were renewed on the game. I updated them (marked with 新 next to the name of the character). Some of them are taken from (D)...
This easy to print manual explains all the cards, including the expansion cards. the manual is divided into different sections, starting with basic cards, tool cards, and ends with explaining the character cards. A must have for every game session!
So I used Kazooie16's uploaded base/expansion translation as a starting off point. For the most part they were correct, but there were more than a few that I had to tweak the wording to be more accurate to the Chinese. I used my own knowledge of Chinese + english sanguosha blog spot to decipher all the cards. The blog actually has pretty accurate translations. I'm not saying that my translations are all perfect, since there were a few words I didn't understand or thought were ambiguous, but it should be a little more accurate than the previous uploaded files. I'll apologize in advance that I had to shorthand some of the words (i.e. you = u or limited = lmtd), but there's a lot to say and not enough lines. Also, just to reiterate I ONLY RETRANSLATED THE BASE not the expansions. I...
Because its impossible for a non-Chinese to read Chinese ancient characters I have created this doc files with the Sanguosha weapons description in English AND the pictures. The description of the weapons come from : http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/61290/english-sleeve-inserts Enjoy !
Because its impossible for a non-Chinese to read Chinese ancient characters I have created this doc files with the Sanguosha heroes description in English AND the pictures.
I have also added, each person summary in italic (from the novel) plus some Chinese cultural references at the end...
The description of the heroes come from : http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/61290/english-sleeve-inserts