Back cover copy:
PULL THE SWORD FROM THE STONE AND BECOME KING OF THE BRITONS!
Song of Arthur and Merlin is the third expansion for the Song of Blades and Heroes miniatures rules, bringing the world's most famous legendary king to your tabletop battles. Written by Arthurian expert Daniel Mersey, this book includes:
- Three versions of the Arthurian story: Hollywood's knights in shining armor, the gritty hero of Welsh legend, and a historical world stripped of all magic and monsters.
- 6 special scenarios and campaigns for Arthurian games and 11 new scenarios for all Song of Blades and Heroes games.
- 100 new rosters including famous knights of legend, magicians and creatures from British folklore, and the historical Britons and their Saxon, Pictish, and Irish enemies.
- 38 new special items from Arthurian legend.
- 19 Arthurian warband advances.
- New special rules and optional rules for playing games with larger warbands.
Designer's comment on BGG:
My Arthurian supplement for Ganesha's superb Song of Blades and Heroes system. I'm pleased with how this one turned out - three versions of Arthur (High Medieval, Welsh Legend, and Historical), all of which aim to give a very different style of game within the basic rules framework. Ganesha games are a lovely little company producing exciting rules, so I was excited to work with them on this game.