Furoticon is an adults-only anthro novelty card game, focusing on strategy and artwork. The cards are available for purchase online, or at furry conventions, such as Anthrocon and Further Confusion.
In Furoticon, you play as an Owner of your harem, pitting your Furres (characters) against theirs, where they will use their wit and sexual prowess to break through the opposing harems and bring their owners to orgasm. The last Owner to remain without climax is the winner!
Each player in the game typically uses a 40-card deck, known as a Black Book. There is a shorter variant of the game where a 20-card deck is used, and each player starts with half Stamina Points (life).
The cards are meant to be traded amongst players and collectors. Decks can be customized and improved with cards that the player owns. Cards from any of the five sets can be used interchangeably.
One of the main purposes of Furoticon is to introduce players and collectors to artists that they may not have known about before. Artist credit, as well as a URL to their site, is found at the bottom of every card to encourage people to explore the artists of Furoticon.
Harem members move from the Owners' Haven to the Scene, where the players can then enter Bed with their furres, and attempt to climax the other furres. Each card has a number of traits that affect gameplay, including Gender, Species, Pleasure Experience, Skills, and more. In addition to Furre cards, there are also Treats and Actions, which act as items and instant effects in the game to add a bit more depth and strategy.
There are five sets so far, each with its own theme:
- Vanilla: Also known as "1st Vanilla", the Vanilla set was the original Furoticon set to be produced. With 179 playable cards, it provided the foundation upon which the rest of the game was built. There was no overall theme with this set, focusing instead on developing strategies and gender characteristics, as well as providing appealing artwork. 1st Vanilla boosters are no longer available on the Furoticon store, but the original Herm and Otherkin starters are still available for purchase.
- Triskelion: Triskelion is Furoticon's premier BDSM set, focusing on masters and slaves, and bondage and pain play. Gameplay heavily focuses on adding "pain counters" to furres, which alter the Pleasure Experience (attack) values in either a positive or negative manner. Additionally, Alteration treats are prominant in this set, providing boosts to the Furres they're attached to, symbolizing bondage gear. Triskelion boosters are no longer available for purchase, but the two Starters (Male/Herm and Female/Otherkin) still are available on their website.
- Second Vanilla: Second Vanilla focuses on college life, and showing the life and sexual adventures of such characters as Boy Toy and Lily Tyla. The set has no real gimmick, instead focusing on expanding the underlying foundation of the game. Second Vanilla boosters are running very low (as of December 8, 2013), and will soon be out of stock. There were no Second Vanilla starter decks.
- Tribes of Tanglebrook: Tribes of Tanglebrook focused on a Tribal setting, with transformation and tribal markings being the prominent theme. Each Tribe in the set has a specific gameplay focus, from Wolves and their ability to intimidate furres from entering bed, to Dragons and their slow, but extremely powerful abilities. Tribes of Tanglebrook is still available in the Furoticon store, both with Boosters and with the three Starter Decks (Otters, Wolves, and Dragons).
- Third Vanilla: Strawberry: Third Vanilla: Strawberry (Or just "Strawberry") continues the college setting introduced in Second Vanilla. This set introduced Owners with special stats that alter the core rules of the game. The set did not introduce many new mechanics, instead focusing on developing the group play dynamic of the game further, and making the game easier for beginners to get into. Boosters for this set include 15 cards instead of the previous 10, and while there are no starter decks, there are two "starter boxes", which come with four "mini-decks", made up of 20 cards each, and designed to be used out of the box with up to 3 other players.
- Di'Ahla's Awakening: Di'Ahla's Awakening is the second BDSM themed set in the Furoticon lineup. Apparently taking place before and after the events of "Triskelion", It serves as an addition to the gameplay elements introduced there. Pain counters and the "Masochist" and "Sadist" abilities reign dominant in this edition just as in "Triskelion". Overall simply an expansion to the overall theme and gameplay alterations made by "Triskelion". There is also a BDSM Starter Set for sale which includes both of the two-player deckboxes from the "Di'Ahla's Awakening" edition as well as two starter decks from the "Triskelion" edition.
There is another set planned to be released by July 2014:Fortune at Vell's End.
Gameplay is similar to XXXenophile.