Catacombs is an action/dexterity-based adventure board game. One player controls the Overseer, controlling the monsters of the catacombs; the other player(s) control the four heroes who cooperatively try to defeat the monsters and eventually the Catacomb Lord. Each of the heroes has special abilities that must also be used effectively if they are to prevail.
The main mechanism of Catacombs is for the players to flick wooden discs representing the monsters and the heroes. Contact with an opposing piece inflicts damage, but missiles, spells, and other special abilities can cause other effects. When all of the monsters of a room have been cleared, the heroes can move further into the catacomb. Items and equipment upgrades can be purchased from the Merchant with gold taken from fallen monsters. The Catacomb Lord is the final danger that the heroes must defeat to win the game; conversely, the Overseer wins if all of the heroes are defeated. The game is designed for quick set-up and fast play within 30 to 60 minutes.
One page with a summary of all the monsters abilities (ordered alphabetically) from the basic game and the Cavern of Soloth and Horde of Vermin expansions. A have also added the description of all shot modifiers, information of how to build the catacomb in all flavors (basic game, basic + soloth, basic+soloth+vermin, laberynth and dark laberynth) plus some info to keep in mind.
It is meant to be printed in a A4 page and then cut following the outer retctangle. It fits the cavern of soloth expansion box snugly.
This job is based on the Neva Kee's idea and, by no means, I'm trying to understimate his job. I started working on this storage solution after I saw Neva's storing solution photos. I wanted to improve it a bit so I did the following:
- Monsters of the same type are, if possible, in one column.
- Vermin monsters now fit perfectly since I have removed the area for obstacle discs.
- Heroes have been grouped according to the rules. Therefore it is easier to choose one: Elf or Ice Princess, Paladin or Barbarian, Wizard or Socerer and Thief or Witch Hunter.
- CS (Cavern of Soloth) and HS (Horde of Vermin) abbreviations have been added to the creatures that belong to that corresponding expansion.
- Easier to mount since all the lines that need to be cut are marked with red dashed lines.