Q: For the first turn, how many zombies will attack the barricade?
A: Basically, on your first turn there will be 2 zombies on the lawn (1 starting zombie + 1 zombie for the first spawning).
Q: If I ran out of zombie to spawn or to put on the lawn do I lose the game?
A: No, you don't lose the game. You only lose the game when your barricade hit point hits the '0' mark and 6 will be the maximum amount of zombies that will be entering the lawn.
Q: Does Escape of the Dead comes in different languages?
A: Yes, Escape of the Dead has been translated into four different languages: English (up to v1.5), Spanish (v1.0 only), Catalan (v1.0 only), and French (v1.021 only).
Q: Do you bring the remainder kills over to your 'zombie killed' if you accumulated over 10 zombies after taking the reward?
A: Yes, you do this after taking your reward and any remaining kill that you haven't tick or count, do so.
Q: Do you have to use the reward now or can I hold it to wait for the right time to use it?
A: You must play it immediately after choosing a reward. After every 10 kills, during the fifth phase you choose a reward and play it immediately you may not hold a reward.
Q: What is the difference between the earlier version and version 1.02 of Escape of the Dead?
A: The are several different versions all with differences:
- Version 1.00 [English, Catalan, Spanish] This version requires only that a player print the game and provide a pencil, an eraser and 4 six sided dice to play it.
- Version 1.01 [English] Replaces the zombie track with tokens.
- Version 1.02 [English] Some minor graphics changes. The use of pencil and eraser has been thrown out in exchange for tokens to keep track of the zombie killed, etc
- Version 1.021 [English, French] A '0' has been added to all of the tracks. Some minor graphics changes.
- Version 1.50 (Portable) [English] In this version, the game has been redesigned to fit onto 3 playing card sized boards which can then be inserted into protective sleeves allowing players to use dry erase markers or grease pencils to track statistics. The zombie tokens are now stand-up cut-outs. Graphics have all been colorized. The rules can be folded into a small booklet.