Fflow is a collection of games intended to test and develop the creativity of the players. All the games share the same basic premise: on a turn a player will select an area on the map and answer a question from the included Book of Wonder. Depending on how well the player answers the question, he or she may occupy the space or may be forced to play from the "Wastelands" on the next turn. The goal is to be the first player to enter "Bliss", which can only be attempted once all other areas of the map have been occupied by the player.
Some questions will have a definitive answer. Others are more subjective, and the answers will be judged by the other players in a thumbs up / thumbs down / neutral manner.
- logic puzzles that require deductive reasoning (decoding ciphers, spot the difference, etc)
- dramatic improvisation (act out the morning ritual of Fillmore Solo, the Fidgeting Chess Master)
- philosophical issues (Why is personal beauty not enough for complete happiness?)
- exploration of the weird (If your car could think, what complaints would it have about you?)
Rules for the following variations are included in the box:
- Party Game
- Competitive Game
- Wilde (guessing game of dramatic improvisation)
- Scrawl (guessing game of doodling ideas and cartoons)
- Whizz (game of combining ideas and concepts in new ways)
- Bucky, Sensei and Nippon (competitive games where areas are scored only after a series of questions are answered)