Die Windrosen is a six-tile mini-expansion for Carcassonne. Each tile depicts all or part of a wind rose (AKA compass rose). The red, full wind rose is a new starting tile, and divides the playing area into four fields.
This expansion was released at Modell-Hobby-Spiel 2012 in Leipzig. Attendees had to go on a scavenger hunt to collect clues which would permit them to obtain the expansion from the Carcassonne-on-Tour booth. The expansion is currently only available by attending a Carcassonne-on-Tour event, but may be made more widely available next year.
This expansion is given as a promo with issue #5 (2013) of Spielbox.
- Orange full rose is new start tile and defines the four quarters: SW, SE, NW, NE.
- Blue full rose (reg. backside) redefines the four quarters.
- Orange quarter rose tiles (reg. backside) are worth 3 bonus points if put down in the corresponding quarter of the playing field, e.g. the South-West rose tile put down in the SW quarter defined by the current valid full wind rose.
- Appart from that the roses have no influence on the play and the features on the tiles and other points aquired through the tile.
- The blue full and the 4 orange quarter rose tiles are shuffled in the stack at the beginning.