Carl Stenders Kunstforlag A/S was a DAnish publisher, which today is a part of a larger Swedish concern. Today the company mainly publish postcards, gift wrapping, image books and other children books.
The company was founded in 1888 by Carl Stender (1862-1902), under simple business forms as en gros trade with pictures and cards.
In 1899 the company was founded as a stock company (A/S), where it also expanded into reproduction/replicing, photo copying, book printing, copper printing and book binding.
After the company house in Bernstorffsgade 23 in Copenhagen was finished in 1917 and the production moved there, they acquired the ceramics company P. Ipsens Enke's kgl. Hof Terracottafabrik - shortly known as P. Ipsens Enke (P. Ipsen's Widdow).
In 1995 the publisher Carl Stenders Kunstforlag was bought by the Swedish Pictura, where it now is a part of the Pictura Group under the name Stender Pictura A/S.
In 2010 it changed name to Pictura A/S and moved to Herlev, just outside Copenhagen.
In 1950 the board contained Supream Court Counsiler Johan Schrøder (born 1888), Supream Court Counsiler Poul Groes (b. 1883), Cilisiter Erik Becker (b. 1895) og CEO Curt Stender (b. 1905), son of the founder.