An overworked county sheriff calls upon the investigators to help identify a young girl found wandering the country roads at the edge of Blackwood Forest in a state of shock. A local rumor leads them to a small and inhospitable settlement deep within the woods where man lives in a different kind of harmony with nature.
In The Dark, Dark Wood features a strong and multi-layered story, non-sequential clue cards, open-ended event cards, custom-made mythos cards, in-game NPCs, and much, much more. It can be played using the original game without any expansions.
A beautifully layouted (and slightly updated) French version is now available for download: http://wiki.horreuraarkham.fr/images/7/76/DansBoisSombreTres...NB!
Keepers, please note the following adjustments for a more balanced experience:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
- Remove Knife from Dining Room
- Replace Dhol Chants with Nameless Cults in Library
- Lower cost of Roots (Keeper Action Card) to 3 Threat
- Change Creepers (Keeper Action Card) "Fail" text to: "Investigator is moved 1 space. He/she then takes 1 damage or drops 1 item."
- Also, please note that this scenario treats Spell Cards as tradeable items (e.g. books, scrolls, etc.). Any Spell Cards chosen by the Investigators at the beginning of the game are treated as Starting Item Cards.