- Hard limit of 1 standard Global Event card in play during Act I, and 2 during Act II.
- Removed the use of threat and fortune tokens.
- Appendix B: Changed effects of some relics due to the removal of threat tokens.
- Removed 5 Event cards: Alarm, Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't, Inconspicuous, Twisted Fortune
- Removed 1 Summary card: Threat Gain
- Changed 7 Dark Influence cards: Belthir Show of Force, Belthir Hazard Pay, Mirklace Demon's Bargain, Raythen Cursed Treasure, Rylan Olliven Traitorous Friend, Serena Power In Mourning, Tristayne Olliven Love of Chaos
- Removed step 3 from Sequence of Play Summary card
RedJak's Automated Monster Variant (RAMV) is a less complicated version of RedJak's Automated Overlord Variant (RAOV). It combines elements from both RAOV and the DelvenDeep expansion to create an experience similar to games like Temple of Elemental Evil.
RAMV is designed to be used with existing Descent campaigns. Unlike RAOV, it is not meant to simulate a real Overlord. Instead, the focus is on simulating how the monsters react to their surroundings. For those that may have found RAOV cumbersome, RAMV will provide a more streamlined experience for solo or cooperative play.
The Overlord is more of a background influence in RAMV. Since Overlord and Plot cards are not used, the presence of the Overlord is represented by the play of Event and Dark Influence cards. These cards apply effects to the map that will hinder, and occasionally help, the heroes.
Monster actions are determined by the use of AI cards. Each monster and lieutenant has an easy to follow set of scripted actions they will use during their activation. These scripted actions are also supplemented by Encounter Objective cards for each encounter. Encounter Objective cards will indicate specific targets for the Overlord's forces.
RAMV also introduces alternating turns in the style of Imperial Assault. This means that players will have to alter their strategies from what they have been used to in the past.
The 244-card set includes:
51 Dark Influence cards
20 The Shadow Rune Encounter Objective double-sided cards
16 Labyrinth of Ruin Encounter Objective double-sided cards
15 Shadow of Nerekhall Encounter Objective double-sided cards
3 The Trollfens Encounter Objective double-sided cards
4 Lair of the Wyrm Encounter Objective double-sided cards
4 Manor of Ravens Encounter Objective double-sided cards
2 Hero and Monster Pack Encounter Objective double-sided cards
57 Event cards
17 Lieutenant AI cards
48 Monster AI cards
3 Summary cards
4 Team double-sided cards
The card set is available on lo-res sheets for printing at home. There are also individual hi-res images for professional printing. When setting up a professional print job for the Encounter Objective cards, use the lo-res sheets as a guide for which fronts and backs go together.
Rules and cards can be found on my Google Drive at:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzpR1-5sN2wAflhzeHNvaGxmQn...
Forum thread can be found here:https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1416738/redjaks-automated-m...