Jack Vasel Memorial Fund Auction - 2012 - CLOSED - Time to pay and ship!
- Tom Vasel(TomVasel)United States
UnspecifiedCheck out DiceTower.com!
GeekMail me (landaras) if you want a receipt for tax purposes. Place the item number and whether you were donor or bidder in the subject line.Neil Wehneman(landaras)United States
For example, the winning bidder on Item #317 would send a GeekMail with the subject line of "Bidder 317." In the body of the GeekMail I'll need your legal name, physical address, and a non-BGG email address. I will email you back a receipt.
It’s finally time for the annual Jack Vasel Memorial Fund Auction!
The auction will run from November 1, 2012 (12:01 EST) to November 18, 2012 (11:59 EST).
What is the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund?
One tragic event and two acts of generosity brought the BGG community together: the result was the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund. In January 2011, Cate Pfeifer (Cate108) posted an auction for Tom Vasel and his family to help with the unfortunate loss of his son, Jack. The generosity of the BGG community was amazing. Tom was touched and wanted to pay the kindness forward so he created the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund. He used some of the money that BGGers donated and spent to build this fund. The fund is a not-for-profit with a simple goal: raising and distributing funds to help gamers in their hour of need.
Are you a member of the public that is part of the gaming community and has suffered a personal hardship?
The gaming community's generosity up to this point has been amazing, and we anticipate you will continue to amaze us. However, we are not just here to raise money, but also to do good.
Please contact Tom (email@example.com is preferred) if you believe you are a member of the gaming community and have suffered personal hardship. Tom and the rest of our Board of Directors are happy to work with you to explain our eligibility criteria, confirm your situation is within our mission statement, and then provide assistance.
1. If in doubt, send all questions about this auction or the JVMF to:
Tom Vasel (firstname.lastname@example.org [preferred] /Tom Vasel(TomVasel)United States
UnspecifiedCheck out DiceTower.com!
Neil Wehneman (email@example.com [preferred] /Neil Wehneman(landaras)United States
Please allow up to 24 hours for a response, although we will endeavor to respond sooner.
(We have more specific contacts listed in a post below, but Neil and I are a good place to start.)
2. Feel free to add your items to the list. Individual and business donations are both welcome. Unusual game items are very welcome. You can also list items of general geeky goodness as well (electronics, comics, geekgold, half pony/half monkey creations, etc.).
3. This list is active in BGG, RPGG and VGG. Items in all three genres are welcome.
4. Please bid generously. This is a charity auction. This is not intended to get you the best deals. It might happen but that is not the point!
5. The auction will open at 12:01 AM EST on November 1, 2012, and close at 11:59 PM EST on November 18, 2012 (Jack Vasel's birthday). We use the clock on BoardGameGeek.com's servers.
6. Assisting with this year’s auction will be
Andrew Knaack - the Official Jack Vasel Memorial Fund InternAndrew Knaack(hev13)United States
Ryan Metzler - JVMF Auction Alumni (slaqr on BGG) - helping to confirm payments
Anthony Racano - JVMF Auction Alumni (TheCarboardJunglePodcast on BGG) - helping to confirm payments
Alex - Friendly Do-Gooder (Bournizzle on BGG) - helping to confirm payments
Merran - Friendly Do-Gooder (unrelated) (bluefroggirl on BGG) - assisting Neil with the tax receipts
Jack Kaye - JVMF Auction Alumni (anglotiger on BGG) - helping to confirm payments and other duties
Daniel - Friendly Do-Gooder (Schwartzkopf on BGG) - a little bit of everything
Željko Kumer - (_Kex_ on BGG) - helping to confirm payments
7) If I forgot something or made a mistake, please email me or Neil Wehneman so we can correct it. Thank you.
8) I am so glad that you are here. Without you, this auction and charity would not exist.
To put an item in this auction:
1) Scroll up to the top of the geeklist (above the first actual game entry, below this header).
2) Click on the 'Add Item' link
3) Select Board Game (or VideoGame or Designer or whatever) on the page that appears.
4) Enter the game name in the name field and select the appropriate game from the drop down list that appears.
5) Type in game condition and shipping information in the comments section and click on the Submit button. There are no standard shipping requirements - please select those that suit you.
When the auction ends:
1) The thread will close at 11:59 PM EST on November 18, 2012 (a few days after Jack Vasel's birthday). We use the clock on BoardGameGeek.com's servers.
2) An assistant named in this post (such as Andrew the Wonder-Intern) will announce the winner for each item.
3) An assistant will email each winner with instructions for payment (the PayPal address is firstname.lastname@example.org).
4) Once payment is received, an assistant will post that information on the item.
5) The generous person who donated the item and the recipient can then work out the shipping details. Please pay shipping costs to the person who donated the game/item.
6) Unless we hear or state otherwise, the Fund will be taking no further action after we post that payment has been received.
7) There will be a tax receipt post after the auction has ended, explaining in detail how you can request a tax receipt.
8) All of the money will go to the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund for our charitable work.
Well, that's it! Start bidding and adding!
But wait, there's more! Please read the first four comments on the list!
- [+] Dice rolls