Android versions of actual boardgames
Paul - the
What's going on down there?
WORK IN PROGRESS
This is a GeekList of Android versions of actual board games, that is board games that have an entry in BGG / are in the BGG database.
If in doubt it probably belongs on the Games for Android devices list.
Coming Android Board games releases should be added here: Board Games Coming to Android
To find the apps listed below a smart place to start is Google Play
You'll sometimes see QR codes likes this one:
You can use a barcode scanner to read this image and it will translate into a link and take you directly to the app in question. Try it out on the QR code listed here, should take you to the BGG main page.
Most handsets include a barcode reader from start, otherwise get one here.
RULES FOR THIS LIST
1) Only add released official versions of board games or games that are extremely similar to an actual board game.
2) Do not list helpers and similar programs. Those along with other cool Android games should be added here: Games for Android devices
3) Coming Android board games releases should be added here: Board Games Coming to Android
Board Game: Iowa
[Average Rating:7.17 Unranked]
In Iowa, players must plant, grow, harvest, trade and cook corn in order to create a successful farm. But nature will not nurture, and you will have to contend with weather conditions that get harsher and harsher as you approach winter.
While still working with a Brazilian publisher for the release of this boardgame, we have released the Android version of it in two flavours, free and paid:
Free, which contains a single-player edition of the game, so that you can get a feel for and evaluate the gameplay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kansaigame...
Paid ($2.99), which contains AI opponents, Pass n' Play for up to 4 Players, Asynchronous Online Multiplayer, Achievements, Leaderboards and more: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kansaigame...
Give it a go and let us know what you think!
Pretty much a direct port of the boardgame. $2.99. Caveat: I'm the Business Manager for VPG. That being said, I downloaded it last night and have played it about 4 times (still haven't won). Its fun and quick. But the dice hate me.
Magic 2014 is out now.
Apparently the download is free, but to get the full edition you'll have to buy it as an IAP ($9.99).
(Free) Game includes:
• 3 decks, each with 5 unlockable cards
• Single-player campaign across the plane of Shandalar
• One Planeswalker duel
• Sealed Play mode; explore a deckbuilding experience
Additional content is also available for purchase. Premium content package will get you:
• 7 additional decks to unlock
• 250+ additional cards unlockable through play
• 4 deadly opponents, including the Planeswalker Chandra Nalaar
• 18 additional Campaign levels across the planes of Ravnica, Alara, Innistrad and Zendikar, plus 11 revenge matches
• 10 puzzling challenges
• Ad Hoc one-on-one Multiplayer play
• Two-Headed Giant and Custom Game modes
• Access to deck key and foil conversion in-app purchases
• Additional downloadable content as it becomes available
Our second released game, enjoy
Maquis is a solitaire worker-placement game with variable goals. The player places his resistance agents on spaces around town to achieve his goals (blowing up trains, publishing underground newspapers, aiding spies etc.). At the same time Milice collaborators and Wehrmacht soldiers patrol the area. Agents who can't make it back to the safe house at the end of the day are arrested, and never seen again.
Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.boardnaut....
Price: free with in-app purchase of full version