[POLLS] The Geek's Favourite TV Series: Round 1
- Tony Ackroyd(1000rpm)United Kingdom
similar contest, but it was done as a knockout and on a popularity (most votes) basis, while I prefer an average score method so less well-known shows have more chance.
I set some guidelines to control the scope of the contest:
1. No real world shows (reality TV, documentaries, current events, etc)
2. Shows have to have a continuous story and/or set of characters (e.g. no Twilight Zone)
3. No sketch shows or quiz or game shows
4. No sports shows or stand-up comedy
5. No soaps
6. Mini-series can be included, but there needs to be at least 5 hours of show (excluding ad-breaks). This is comparable with some shows that didn't have many series/episodes.
You can see the nomination and discussion thread here:
The Geek's Favourite TV Series: Nomination and Discussion Thread
328 shows were nominated these have been split into 22 brackets. The best shows judged by average rating will progress to the next round, size TBC, but maybe a Top 100. They will also need a minimum number of votes to progress to ensure that the results are relevant to The Geek.
So what if the randomness creates groups of death? Fear not! I will amalgamate the results from all the brackets, so there is no limit to the number who can progress from each bracket - or a guarantee that any will progess from a group.
I'm happy to let in late nominations (aka 'Wild Cards') but please check the second entry on the nominations thread first to see if they have already been nominated.
All the rounds will be announced here, so subscribe if you don't want to miss them:
1000rpm's Polls Notification Thread - Just Subscribe!
Voting has ended for this round. You can find the next round here:
[POLLS] The Geek's Favourite TV Series: Round 2: The Top 100
- [+] Dice rolls