Subject: FROM THE DESIGNER: major misprint on the 4 thief cards! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone. I posted this news here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/13374571#13374571 but I wanted to make a thread for it to up the chance of people seeing that there's a misprint in the game.

Basically, the thief card should have a cost of 1/1 instead of 3/4. This is news direct from the designer himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FROM THE DESIGNER: misprint on 4 cards!
Why does the thread subject say "on 4 cards" but the quote only mentions the Thief? Is that because there are 4 copies of the thief in the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! Will update the thread title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that there is one Thief card in each of the 4 colors (one for each Excavation site).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, and I've just taken a sharpie to all 4 of them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Ron
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
Alright, so the thief is 1/1, but what do they do, exactly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, well that was covered in another thread I linked to up above... basically they're a weaker version of the tomb raider card. When played, you get to shuffle the cards in the specified excavation pile and pick one at random. If the card shows an artifact, you get to keep the card, and if it's worthless it goes back to the excavation pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Ron
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
Thanks Richard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Hey everyone. I posted this news here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/13374571#13374571 but I wanted to make a thread for it to up the chance of people seeing that there's a misprint in the game.

Basically, the thief card should have a cost of 1/1 instead of 3/4. This is news direct from the designer himself.

is queen games offering replacements? i am not keen on the idea of taking a sharpie to my cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no idea... the designer didn't know either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
use a sticker . Then you dont destroy your cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wolverine1977 wrote:
use a sticker . Then you dont destroy your cards

I'm not keen on sharpie-ing my games either, but I imagine having one corner on 4 cards thicker than all others would do more to hurt the game than a permanent marker would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Please support King of Clubs on Kickstarter at http://kck.st/15ImgTf
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad news from Queen on this... They have no plans to reprint the game in the near future, so there won't be any replacement cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Basically they're a weaker version of the tomb raider card. When played, you get to shuffle the cards in the specified excavation pile and pick one at random. If the card shows an artifact, you get to keep the card, and if it's worthless it goes back to the excavation pile.

This correction is in the printed rules that I uploaded here.

Those rules still have the misprinted costs, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran F G
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
Café Race is a race game set in a business office. The players take the role of office workers going upstairs to the first floor to get a cup of coffee who then improvise a race while they are going back downstairs… with a cup full of coffee.
badge
Someone you trust is one of us. Fnord. - Ich bin ein Spielfreak, aber ich spiele sehr selten
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed cards here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/104767/fixed-thief-cards-v...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As people have mentioned in the other thread, there are now corrected Thief cards and if you fill out the contact form on the Queen Games website, they may send you some. I just filled out the form yesterday and received an email saying they were mailing me the replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine, so shipping to US looks to be about 10 days? Thanks, Queen Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran F G
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
Café Race is a race game set in a business office. The players take the role of office workers going upstairs to the first floor to get a cup of coffee who then improvise a race while they are going back downstairs… with a cup full of coffee.
badge
Someone you trust is one of us. Fnord. - Ich bin ein Spielfreak, aber ich spiele sehr selten
mbmbmbmbmb
I have contacted Queen Games by using the Contact form (http://www.queen-games.de/publisher.aspx) on their web site.

Eight days later, they sent me an e-mail telling me that the cards were on their way. They arrived two days later.

Great customer service from Queen Games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happy to report the same, my corrected cards just showed up. much nicer than my sharpee solution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.