Subject: Challenge Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got home from the first Plugged-In tournament. The top two players were Netrunomicon Podcasters Phil and Jeremy. Stuart from FFG was there to provide prizes, promos, Plugged-In ballots, and, of course, to play the Challenge Decks.

There are two Challenge Decks: Jinteki: Personal Evolution and GRNDL, and they are from the future. They were built using playtest cards indiscriminately chosen from the "to be printed" pile, so it's unclear when exactly all of the cards will be printed. The two non-spoiled cards I saw were The Cleaners and Hive. Stuart let me take a picture of Hive, and it is here in all its glory:

The Cleaners is a 5/3 Weyland Agenda with the text: Whenever you deal meat damage, deal an additional meat damage. Should be a lot of fun with DRT, Scorched Earth, Flare, and Punitive Counterstrike.

The Challenge Decks are each oversized so that the FFG staffers can personalize them by sideboarding cards out. Stuart is further personalizing his by having his victims sign the card he won with. There's a great picture of Phil's frowny face as he became the first Runner to lose to the Challenge Deck through Agenda Points:

https://twitter.com/Tuzgai/status/386294446306103296/photo/1

Stuart and the rest of FFG are also tweeting their experiences using the hashtag #pluggedintour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Weyland has marvelous agendas - if AstroScript weren't around, I'd say they have the best. The ICE made me squee with excitement - what a novel concept for the game! Who knows if it's good, though... Although in a Scorch deck, you won't need too many points anyway. Goes well with forfeiting agendas, too.

Any neat Jinteki cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Hive looks a lot better than Swarm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Berton
Canada
flag msg tools
Hive is going to be incredible for flatline decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:
Awesome. Hive looks a lot better than Swarm.

I think Tyrant's the better comparison, and it's a lot better than that one, too.

Rules question (because those are always fun to ask as early as possible): if the runner suffered Sensei's subroutine and encounters Hive when I have 5 points, does Hive have no subroutines? I expect the answer is yes, no subroutines (like constant-timing ICE strength modification).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The Cleaners is a 5/3 Agenda with the text: Whenever you deal meat damage, deal an additional meat damage. Should be a lot of fun with DRT, Scorched Earth, Flare, and Punitive Counterstrike.

YOU FORGOT PSF!!!!!!!

wowwowwowwowwowwowwowwowwow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theodorelogan wrote:
YOU FORGOT PSF!!!!!!!

At first I agreed with the wows, but if you have both of these scored you're already at 5 points. Why are you going for the flatline win when you're a 2-pointer from winning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why bother trying to score an agenda when you are dealing 6 meat damage per turn? They could have 3 PC out and you'd still kill them in three turns. At that point, a flatline kill would be much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madd Cow
msg tools
Is The Cleaners a Neutral Agenda?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
No it's Weyland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
theodorelogan wrote:
YOU FORGOT PSF!!!!!!!

At first I agreed with the wows, but if you have both of these scored you're already at 5 points. Why are you going for the flatline win when you're a 2-pointer from winning?

That was my thinking as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got back as well. Fun times! I loved the signed victory cards. The SE had some victims on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Galaviz
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be hilarious to break this with a Snowball then the Corp rezzes a Hadrians behind it.

Snowball would be a 6 STR barrier breaker at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
And also I am SUPER EXCITED for the tour to come to LA!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Galaviz
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throw a couple of Sensei in front of it... haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madd Cow
msg tools
Now compare this 5 rez cost ice with grim hurr Even a Femme costs 5 to bypass (At 0 score) Corroder is 6. Amazing Although, Morning Star laughs at it. Would be cool to see MS in play more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Lundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Azeltir wrote:
Rules question (because those are always fun to ask as early as possible): if the runner suffered Sensei's subroutine and encounters Hive when I have 5 points, does Hive have no subroutines? I expect the answer is yes, no subroutines (like constant-timing ICE strength modification).
Sensei wrote:
[Subroutine] For the remainder of this run, each piece of ice encountered except Sensei gains "[Subroutine] End the run" after all its other subroutines.
FAQ page 2 wrote:
The word "all" includes the number zero.

So no, Hive would have one ETR subroutine. I can't say for sure what would happen if you have 6 AP, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Lysford
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it's virtually certain that, if you Sensei'd a Hive with 6 AP, the Hive would still have no ETR subs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Galaviz
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can say for sure that if you have 6 AP scored and still have Hive out then you're doing something wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing! Hive and The Cleaners both sound fantastic. Can you speak for any of the new cards in the Jinteki deck? I'm very curious about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jermaine Snuffullufugus
msg tools
I second the Jinteki curiosity. I dig Weyland, but Jinteki is my main squeeze. I'd be real interested to hear of any new toys that may have been seen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
HB - Brain damage - Sentinel Defense Program
Weyland - Meat damage - The Cleaners
Jinteki - Net damage - ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:
HB - Brain damage - Sentinel Defense Program
Weyland - Meat damage - The Cleaners
Jinteki - Net damage - ???

You know what I would love? If Jinteki's version of it was something along the lines of this:

Each time you deal net damage, you may select two cards from the Runner's grip and choose one of the two to be trashed due to the net damage. Return the other card to the Runner's grip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Also this. Katman is not happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Dragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Goodbye only AI breaker decks. Goodbye no ice breaker decks.

If it actually gets released that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.