Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: GLOG event this Sat 26 October 2013 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gungahlin Library Open Games (GLOG) is on this coming Saturday.

What: to play board/tile/card/dice games
Where: Gungahlin Library, corner of Hibberson St and Gozzard St.
When: Saturday, 26 October 2013
Time: 10:30 am to 5:00 pm
Room: Conference Room 1

This is a free event, just bring along your preferred games and a smile.

Note: The booking is for Conference room #1. This room is located in the lower level left side downstairs of the main library entry. There is no restriction of food on the venue, but I encourage everyone to keep the venue tidy and be careful while playing other peoples games. Also, please consider order food/drinks from the coffee shop inside the Library.

There is no game of the month this month, we won't have access to the TGC loan games so please do bring along whatever you'd like to play and share. Past experience suggests that paucity of games won't be a problem as many attendees bring along a good selection of games.

Attendees to this event will have a chance to win a TGC gift voucher.

See you there!

thumbsupcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Watson
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
Gamer for over 30 years, & online games retailer for over 10 years
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but I can't make it. I'll be sleeping it off, half way though Essen, but I will be bringing all the new games to play at the December meeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, looks like it was another good day's gaming.

I had to leave early to play cricket but when I departed, it looked like there were four or five tables going and a good variety of games being played.

I saw the following games hit the table:

Zombie Dice (using Zombie Dice 2: Double Feature)
A Fistful of Penguins
Zombicide (using Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak)
Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game
Eminent Domain

Can anyone else advise what other games got a run?

Normal service will be resumed next month when

Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

returns from Essen no doubt with one or two hot items in tow.

As discussed on the day, the December meet-up is scheduled to be 28 December 2013 -will we still meet and show off (or commiserate) how generous Santa was (or not)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
Can anyone else advise what other games got a run?

I wasn't there for long but played:

Crocodile Dentist (the crocodile was broken and did not attack )
The Manhattan Project: Second Stage

muzfish4 wrote:
As discussed on the day, the December meet-up is scheduled to be 28 December 2013

Speaking of December, a sad bit of recent news from Libraries ACT: from December 2nd all branches will close at 4pm on Saturdays, rather than 5:30pm. I guess GLOG events will have to be somewhat shortened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Young Peter & I managed to get a game of:
X-wing &
Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small
and Played
Augustus &
Santiago de Cuba
with the older Peter and Paul.
Many thanks gentlemen.

Closing the Library at 4pm sucks a bit.
I actually enjoy my gaming on the Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw
Kingsburg and
Pandemic
being played by large groups along with the aforementioned The Manhattan Project: Second Stage. I also learned and played half a game of Alien Frontiers with Alien Frontiers: Factions. Excellent and IMHO a better dice as workers game than Kingsburg but those blokes looked to be enjoying themselves anyway. Won't work in Dec though as we didn't get started until about 4....

Bring on November and a room full of Essen goodies!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the games fellas, this was my second time there and I had a ball.

I got to play Zombie Dice, A Fistful of Penguins and (twice) The Manhattan Project: Second Stage with the second go using Nations.

Am looking forward to next month!

Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks muzfish hosting the GLOG in my abscence.

As for the Essen gooddies we may need to wait for the shipment from TGC. I had to make a call due to baggage limitation between getting a few games or a giant version of Takenoko. Guess which one a choose.

A quick clarification note: GLOG for December is scheduled for the 2nd Saturday instead of the usual 4th Saturday. The same will happen in January.

As per the change of library hours, there is little i can do about it.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiguero wrote:

A quick clarification note: GLOG for December is scheduled for the 2nd Saturday instead of the usual 4th Saturday. The same will happen in January.

Saturday November 16th is International Games Day @your library (http://igd.ala.org)...perhaps the November session could be held a week early to coincide? There are a number of Aussie spots in the map, but ACT is notably absent http://bit.ly/2013igdmap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegs wrote:

Saturday November 16th is International Games Day @your library (http://igd.ala.org)...perhaps the November session could be held a week early to coincide? There are a number of Aussie spots in the map, but ACT is notably absent http://bit.ly/2013igdmap

Tegs, I tried to do this last year and it was a bit much for me to have two events in a month. Happy to organise a booking with the Library, but someone else to do the rest. Any volunteers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.