Subject: Can you determine trump with a sacrifice card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marco vazquez
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
We came up with a strange situation in regards to leading a suit with a sacrifice card and no color yet determined for that flank.

In our game the left flank was yellow and the right flank was green. No color has yet been determined in the center flank and the person who's turn it was on has their left and right flank full. Their only choice is to play a card in the center and determined if the color will be red or black. However, this person only had yellow and green cards in thier hands and thus needed to play one of them as a sacrifice card. But, does this person gets to determine the center flank color even though they had no black or red cards in thier hands?

Also, I had a situation come up in the final round of play.

I had one red general and one yellow soilders.

The right flank was yellow, the center was red and the left was green.

Do I have to play my red general in the red center flank or can I play my yellow soilder as a sacrifice card and keep my red general in order to score points?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Babwe
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"But, does this person gets to determine the center flank color even though they had no black or red cards in thier hands?"

No. It's up to player who plays the first black or red card to the center. He/She determines what will be the center colour.

"Do I have to play my red general in the red center flank or can I play my yellow soilder as a sacrifice card and keep my red general in order to score points?"

You have to play your red general to red center flank, because you can do so. You can only sacrifice cards if you don't have any other options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.