Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At Fantasy Flight's booth at Toyfair today they had a mock-up of Honor and Profit's packaging, and on the back was a card fan with some previously unreleased spoilers. I asked if taking photos was OK and the rep gave me the greenlight, so hopefully it's okay to share these:

Passport I imagine is the Centrals Only Decoder, Admiral Whiskeypunk is confirmed as Iain Stirling (with a base link!), and Pup and Fast Track are both cool, interesting cards.

What do ya'll think? I'm just giddy I got to break some news for once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Schiffer
msg tools
Re: Some Honor & Spoilers from ToyFair
I feel like the flavor text for Pup should have been "Wan! Wan!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guze
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, Jinteki finally got some dog ice. Is it just Weyland missing one now? Are they going to get snake ice in there, too?

Fast Track feels like the ultimate "come at me bro" card, since you likely won't be able to score it that turn. I imagine you'd search for Future Perfect with it. Would be interesting with Midseason's too, but you probably don't want to give the runner more chances to steal agendas.

It's also good to see runners using more traditional weaponry, like guns. My totally random speculation is trashing a connection for some benefit, or maybe trashing a sysop, exec or clone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Schiffer
msg tools
talking_chicken wrote:
Heh, Jinteki finally got some dog ice. Is it just Weyland missing one now? Are they going to get snake ice in there, too?

They kinda got 2 dog ice... Komainu had puppies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Houston
msg tools
I am going to guess that Mr. Stirling's ability somehow involves bypassing ice. Seeing as he used to be a spy and all.

Or maybe something related to enjoying fine whiskeys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rubin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fast Track is ridiculous. Do you know how many times I am ready to rez and score an Astro off SanSan, but I just haven't drawn an Astro yet? As long as I keep HQ secure, this is totally sweet. Oh, you locked R&D? Sorry, you didn't. Oh, HQ is unsafe? I'll just hold onto these Fast Tracks until I'm ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin W.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love pup. Its like a pop-up window for Jinteki- rather than costing the runner 1 and giving you 1, it (usually) costs the runner 2. It will be a great cheap taxing ice to stick on a central. Also, another ice that's fun to put an RSVP in front of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sohum Banerjea
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fast Track is literally the card I've been waiting for my entire life. My current deck uses _Aggressive Negotiation_ in its place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I do hope that Unregistered S&W '35 does something that will see it getting included in a great many decks, since I just love the flavour of the runner acquiring a weapon. It's funny how the personal nature of a single pistol seems to add more to the gravity of the violence in the game than all the various explosions and private armies.

It's also good just to see a new category of hardware. Here's hoping for a way to search the runner's house for weapons in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Modt
msg tools
mb
So, the quote from Stirling is "Every employee is a security risk" and seeing that the weapon can only be played if you made a sucessfull run on HQ do you think his power will be to play card that require HQ runs without the runs? Is that a good enough ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, there's like already a few spoiled cards I feel are auto-includes and Fast Track just joined them.

What if it's like an insane credit cost? Personally, I think 3 seems about right. But what if it's like 5 or 6 or 7?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Harmony Medtech sounds fun!
Wondering what the cost of Fast Track will be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Edenton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely curious what our new firearm does. Maybe it allows you to discard Executives, Sysops, and the like after a run on HQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Fetterkey
msg tools
mb
The cost on Fast Track is highly relevant. It could be an absolutely great card-- if it doesn't cost very much to execute. I'm hoping they didn't make it cost 0 or 1, as it would really be nuts for many Fast Advance decks. (Scored Astroscript? in your SanSan? Fast Track, install, advance, Astro to score another Astroscript from anywhere in your deck!)

Also, yeah, the Unregistered S&W '35 strikes me as extremely thematic. I hope it's cool and good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Frank
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andre Modt wrote:
So, the quote from Stirling is "Every employee is a security risk" and seeing that the weapon can only be played if you made a sucessfull run on HQ do you think his power will be to play card that require HQ runs without the runs? Is that a good enough ability?

I assume you mean the Emergency Shutdown/Unregistered S&W "play/use only if you made a successful run on HQ this turn" type, because if the wording was sloppy enough to allow Account Siphoning without actual running, "that's it man, game over man, game over."

Even then, the ability to overcome the condition on things like Shutdown seems way too strong, and the non-interactivity seems counter to the basic premise that the trade-off for cards like that is the risk of a run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward K.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the pistol will be something like:

[Click] (and maybe some credits: Force the corp to trash 1 card in HQ.

Another ability that would make sense would be to trash a rezed asset, this would be a means to kill Jackson, Sundew, and the like without having to waste time running them when you can just hit HQ and BAM! can't use Jackson now.

But it is good to see new keywords coming out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I should also add that the art at the top got cropped out, but it was new as well. It's a steampunk looking guy in a bowler hat and for some reason it looked like he had a shark fin on his back? Most likely some kind of Connection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Frank
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmylegs wrote:

Another ability that would make sense would be to trash a rezed asset, this would be a means to kill Jackson, Sundew, and the like without having to waste time running them when you can just hit HQ and BAM! can't use Jackson now.

Not a bad idea--though, given it's hardware, using it on Jackson would probably fail ("Running HQ? I'll exile Jackson, you'd just kill him.") Were it an Event, which could be a surprise, I might like that more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tekkactus wrote:
Oh, I should also add that the art at the top got cropped out, but it was new as well. It's a steampunk looking guy in a bowler hat and for some reason it looked like he had a shark fin on his back? Most likely some kind of Connection.

Could easily be a Jinteki asset or agenda or whatever too. "When Miranda Rhapsody showed up with a dorsal fin, suddenly everybody wanted one."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Schiffer
msg tools
Jimmylegs wrote:

Seems like its a little early to be getting another Hemorrhage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diggin the Weapon Hardware subtype. That seems interesting, and obviously a flavor hit for Criminal. Though, I wonder how it directly applies to hacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
Tekkactus wrote:

Could easily be a Jinteki asset or agenda or whatever too. "When Miranda Rhapsody showed up with a dorsal fin, suddenly everybody wanted one."

Yeah, theoretically it could, but this guy was awfully skeevy looking. Fit the Criminal aesthetic way more than Jinteki's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the pistol does let you shoot an executive, this might be the Caprice Neisi counter to calm those worried about her impending dominance (disclaimer: I am among those worried).

Pup is neat early ice.

Fast Track is so good (probably). I think they'll cost it fairly aggressively, at 2 or 3. Any more than 4 and it becomes very difficult to justify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Frank
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
Diggin the Weapon Hardware subtype. That seems interesting, and obviously a flavor hit for Criminal. Though, I wonder how it directly applies to hacking.

Criminals are much more fond of tricks like rubber-hose cryptography, social engineering, and physical access--see Silhouette, Compromised Employee, Andromeda, Inside Job...

Sometimes, the best way through ice is to find the right person and say "let me in or I redecorate your office a nice shade of red."

(Not that I think Unregistered S&W will be that strong; but it's definitely within the Criminal bag of tricks to have weaponry.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan dargenio
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pup and Fast Track are the two new, potentially interesting ones here.

Pup is just awesome taxing ICE for cheap. Exactly the sort of thing Jinteki needs to climb out of the mediocre advanacable traps/flatline focused game and start playing the taxing, fast advancing strategies that make HB and NBN as good as they are. It's going to cost the runner 2, and it's going to cost you next to nothing. One of the best Jinteki ICE in the game for sure. It won't flatline anybody, but as long as people are waiting for a killer to run jinteki, it's going to be basically as good as a rototurret for zero influence and $3 less. Totally awesome. This along with yagura are going to go a long way in reducing the average cost of jinteki ICE spreads. As of right now, you basically need to pay 6-8 for wall of thorns or tsurugi if you want to tax someone in faction.

Fast Track fills a unique role, and depending on the cost, it's going to see anywhere from ubiquitous to niche play. The effect is awesome at countering R&D lock for FA decks, of course, but if its cost is low (0-2 credits), there is a lot of upside to playing one or two copies in either NBN, where you can just go get the best corp card in the game, or in any Jinteki FA deck where you can have reliable access to all your copies of medical breakthrough or just go get one of your four 3/2s when you have the opportunity to score. I think though, that if this card costs 3, it's going to see limited play, probably just as a one-of as insurance against R&D lock, and if it costs four or more, only in psycho beale decks or any other sort of combo deck that relies on a specific agenda. It's going to be difficult to justify playing more than two, as playing any more than that will dilute your ICE and economy, but if you can fit one or two copies, that's just fine. One interesting use I imagine is in cerebral imaging, where it's totally possible to "lock" your opponent out of R&D by drawing all or most of your agendas and just piling your ICE on HQ. This card could give reliability to this sort of strategy of only giving serious protection to one server.

Sweet spoilers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.