Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Ed
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
Does anyone know what time UDE is making their presentation, or whatever it is?

http://www.gamatradeshow.com/2014ShowSchedule/tabid/3127/Def...

It's at 5pm in Las Vegas, so that's 8pm Eastern. And it lasts an hour. There's also another presentation tomorrow. I'm not sure if that's just a repeat of the same information or if it's a different presentation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Strauss
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which means 7pm Illinois time. I'm sure someone will update photos or videos, whatever is released. Who knows, maybe they'll launch an official site or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Updates!!! We need updates!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Strauss
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, I'm anxious to get some info on this thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stokes
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiceTower Tweeted/posted on Facebook:
Quote:
Upper Deck's Legendary Encounters is a complete redesign around the Alien franchise, "not interchangeable, but compatible" with Marvel set.

Upper Deck announces board game based on The Crow, as well as trading cards and minis too. Too early for a date. ‪#‎GTS2014‬

Upper Deck will release a push-your-luck Firefly Dice Game in November. Shiny Dice? ‪#‎GTS2014‬

No news of any expansions for Marvel Legendary yet.

EDIT: But then
Quote:
Upper Deck announces new Marvel Legendary core set will be Legendary Villains, where you can play as the bad guys. Here in June. #GTS2014
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Strauss
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope we get an image or a press release or something soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dog
msg tools
Big Fresh wrote:
The creators of Lego Marvel confirmed that Namor is the only Marvel character that Marvel cannot include in their videogames (explaining his absence in every game since being an NPC in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance). Don't know if that extends to board games, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Sucks, because he's my 2nd favorite Marvel character.

He's all over Vs.

EDIT: Also apparently in current Heroclix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So will there be no June big box expansion with a new core set coming out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mupdan wrote:

That is very disappointing. soblue I suppose there's still hope it just hasn't been reported yet or might be coming in tomorrow's presentation.

If they don't announce anything at this trade show, I suspect we won't hear any news of Marvel Legendary (heroes) expansions until GenCon.

The Crow is a pretty old IP. Sounds niche. Can't say I'm particularly interested.

Firefly is a dice game? I need another push-your-luck dice game like I need a hole in my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dog
msg tools
Yoren wrote:
So will there be no June big box expansion with a new core set coming out?

It's basically the same thing, isn't it? Just two fewer playable characters.

Quote:
The Crow is a pretty old IP.

I think there's a long-gestating reboot in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
peter wright
msg tools
Does anyone really know anything about this villains set yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boB S.
United States
Fairview Park
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
mupdan wrote:

That is very disappointing. soblue I suppose there's still hope it just hasn't been reported yet or might be coming in tomorrow's presentation.

If they don't announce anything at this trade show, I suspect we won't hear any news of Marvel Legendary (heroes) expansions until GenCon.

True, and same here. I guess what we have to look forward to is a *maybe, possibly* Guardians of the Galaxy small expansion which would approximately coincide with the movie. That is, of course, as long as the Villains core set doesn't supplant the "heroes" expansion schedule.

I love Legendary -- it's the only game where I have ever sleeved all of the cards -- but at this point in time I have no interest at all in playing Marvel villains as protagonists. Perhaps the actual game will change my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
If that's all the information we're getting, that sucks. I guess they didn't count on this leaking a few days ago, so they thought it would be a bombshell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Strauss
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting on a comment from the OP ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Kennedy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rivian_Kriek wrote:

True, and same here. I guess what we have to look forward to is a *maybe, possibly* Guardians of the Galaxy small expansion which would approximately coincide with the movie. That is, of course, as long as the Villains core set doesn't supplant the "heroes" expansion schedule.

I love Legendary -- it's the only game where I have ever sleeved all of the cards -- but at this point in time I have no interest at all in playing Marvel villains as protagonists. Perhaps the actual game will change my mind.

I'm excited for this. I think I oversold myself on the GotG idea, I really really wanted it, but this will be fun too, maybe they'll also let us know about a heroes expansion and take double my money. If not then they'll take the normal amount with the villains set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:

Quote:
The Crow is a pretty old IP.

I think there's a long-gestating reboot in the works.

As long as the game as the Edward Furlong vers... gulp

Nope. Could even get thru that sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Strauss
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope the mechanics are different enough, because another problem I see with this is the demystification of the Masterminds. Think about it, in Legendary, up to six heroes have to struggle to try and take down a Mastermind. How pathetic would it be if someone like Thanos was reduced to two commons, an uncommon and a rare? Especially if that's our first introduction to him in the Legendary universe? I can't think of anything more deflating than recruiting a Thanos card with a cost of 5, or seeing him in the HQ next to Toad or whom ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
I just hope the mechanics are different enough, because another problem I see with this is the demystification of the Masterminds. Think about it, in Legendary, up to six heroes have to struggle to try and take down a Mastermind. How pathetic would it be if someone like Thanos was reduced to two commons, an uncommon and a rare? Especially if that's our first introduction to him in the Legendary universe? I can't think of anything more deflating than recruiting a Thanos card with a cost of 5.

True, that would be a ridiculous

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hey, I really LIKE Toad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dog
msg tools
M_Strauss wrote:
I just hope the mechanics are different enough, because another problem I see with this is the demystification of the Masterminds. Think about it, in Legendary, up to six heroes have to struggle to try and take down a Mastermind. How pathetic would it be if someone like Thanos was reduced to two commons, an uncommon and a rare? Especially if that's our first introduction to him in the Legendary universe? I can't think of anything more deflating than recruiting a Thanos card with a cost of 5, or seeing him in the HQ next to Toad or whom ever.

Thor's pretty powerful ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Live Long and Prospero
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmbmbmb
KennedyMeijiHawk wrote:

I think I oversold myself on the GotG idea,

I don't think you're the only one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They promised us a big box expansion, not another core set. I will be disappointed if we can't get more henchmen and other goodies that came with Dark City. Keep in mind, the small boxes so far have only had room for heroes, villains, masterminds, and schemes, which is fine really, as I would even take another small box over this wierd villains gimmick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Highland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first I was just excited for more stuff, but the more I think about it, I'm not really big on this villain core set. I'm leaning toward not picking it up, but will wait for more details before deciding.

My biggest disappointment is it means no new Marvel Hero Legendary stuff until the next small expansion in October (assuming that plan doesn't change). soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there's another announcement coming up... Maybe we'll still get a big box expansion I hope I hope I hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really hoping that this presentation was the "new game" presentation and that tomorrow will be a "new stuff for old games" presentation. That way we will still get our expansion, especially since recently Brenzor was talking about plans that cryptically may have included special wounds and more henchmen for the summer expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.