Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been a few posts about the next MK expansion and whether there will be one or not. I'm happy to say that one is in development, but I'm not allowed to say too much about it.

What I can say is that it is planned to be a new character, but some extra bits too.

The new character is pretty much done so that we can concentrate on the other bits, but I'm asking for anyone who is an expert MK player who wouldn't mind just giving the new character a few tests and providing detailed feedback.

If you are interested, please drop me a GM with your email address so I can mail you the NDA to complete. You also should list how much you play MK, either IRL or on PBF as I need people who are good at evaluating the new skills and cards in comparison to the other characters - so you'd need a good understanding of the game, preferably also in the various modes of play.

I need to limit the numbers in this final playtest group, so I wont be able to say yes to everyone I'm afraid, which is why I need to be selective on the people involved.

I'm also looking for people who don't mind their opinion being ignored. For example, you write to me and tell me that Skill A is total rubbish I should make it better. But then if the other 20 testers all say "It's good", you get the idea.

So - its exciting news I hope.

Thanks all,

Paul Grogan
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is cool! Thank you for involving the community!

(I'm not going to sign up. I love the game, but I don't play it as much as some do.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
devilAwesome news! I'm not a good candidate for testing as I don't get to play as often as I like, but I'll happily give you my money when it comes out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rojas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woooow just the kind of news i like to read . I would Gladly provide some help, just not sure what is the response time required.

-tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Gerding
Poland
Łódź
łódzkie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would LOVE to do this as my girlfriend and I play Mage Knight quite a bit.

But... We won't really be playing a lot until August. *sad face*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the information are available, it'd be nice to know how many "other bits" we can expect, especially if there are any new cards (besides the added player). I'd like to update my tuck boxes in a timely manner once the info is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathius Nightingale
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
This is exciting news. I honestly wasn't expecting another character expansion, as Krang rounded out the missing, unique character actions (March, Intimidate).

I was really hoping for a large-box expansion in the scope of another Lost Legion. New Advanced Actions, Spells, Tokens, Tiles, Scenarios... maybe a campaign!

Oh well... Maybe in the future! I'll still take a character, but man I'd love something juicier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cozzolino
United States
Lebanon
Virginia
flag msg tools
Where am I suppose to put this exp? My box has about as much free space as a vacuum seal bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies. I've not got more than enough testers, so please don't send me any more emails
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I've only played about 9 or 10 times in total. and only as 3 different characters, I don't think I'd be expirienced enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Chou
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. I've not got more than enough testers, so please don't send me any more emails

If any of the play testers back out, I'd be happy to fill a slot. Or if you give me their name, address, and occupation, I'll make sure they back out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vazzucious wrote:
Where am I suppose to put this exp? My box has about as much free space as a vacuum seal bag.

Yeah, I'm wondering this too. Mage Knight might turn into a 2 box game for me. If The Lost Legion box is still the biggest box after the next expansion, I might just use it as well.

You anywhere near Virginia Beach? Always looking for new board gamers to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
how's about something new regarding land tiles....????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Iwan
United States
Bloomington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super excited about this teaser, instant purchase for me when it comes out :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat J
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news. I'm a terrible candidate for testing, but definitely would purchase as soon as available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ley Oz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mb
This news made my day. My favourite game gets more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news... but If possbile include a new scenario or two (like the alternative scenarios in the base game, druid nights and such). This would not take any more components but would be a really nice addition to the game (I am sure some fo the fanmade scenarios are good enough to warrant a look?)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Canela
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Yessss new scenariossssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instant purchase. Bring it on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, is this release planned for this year, or is that too much to hope for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is planned for this year, but I cant make any promises as there are so many factors to take into account.

Ideally, it will be out for Essen, so people can come and find Phil and myself and either congratulate us, or throw rotten fruit at us if they don't like it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Gerding
Poland
Łódź
łódzkie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul... Challenge Accepted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
msg tools
mbmbmb
Very excited about this, love Mage Knight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lindström

Malmö
msg tools
mb
A new expansion, great! And after this one we need a big box expansion with a campaign mode or something along those lines;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
There have been a few posts about the next MK expansion and whether there will be one or not. I'm happy to say that one is in development,

I just wanted to pop in and say that I've recently bought Mage Knight Board Game and its Lost Legion expansion; it's as amazing as I was told it would be! The only downside I felt it had, was that the game creator had said the game was "complete" now that Lost Legions had been added to the mix, and it feels to me that there is still room for so much more content.

So glad to hear this news then! What a great game, I hope you guys really bring more to the table, especially a campaign setup that takes place over multiple scenarios.

I'm sure you folks are hard at work though, have fun with it and bring us even more MKBG goodness! And thank you, by the way, for creating an already complex gaming experience that likely will not be matched for years to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.