Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See the files section. It doesn't read as well as I would like, so I may have to create an example. Basically, you play as the hunters, and only reveal the next city on the trail by searching the last previously revealed city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understood this correctly, you uploaded a file for a FoD solitaire variant, but it has not appeared in the BGG database yet, right?
How did you translate Dracula's movement into a solitaire play? A predetermined course perhaps?
Do you care to send this variant directly? I PMed you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Michel wrote:
If I understood this correctly, you uploaded a file for a FoD solitaire variant, but it has not appeared in the BGG database yet, right?

It's likely, as it usually takes one week or so for a file to be approved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, it's *still* pending, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sending me the rules - I had my doubts at first, but read through it and think that this really might work well! Amazing idea. Geek Gold is underway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Downing
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if you have a moment sending the solitare rules to me as well...I'm dying to play this damned game!
Thanks upfront!

E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Posey
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I would also like solitaire rules for this.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I'm interested in your rules and would love to see them posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as someone who wants to see those solitaire rules!
Tim Kelly
tkelly57@comcast.net

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
United States
Greenbelt
MD
flag msg tools
mbmb
ditto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mathis
msg tools
I would also be interested in seeing your solitaire rules. (mathisscott@yahoo.com)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at last, they're posted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kuhn
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am primarily a solo player. I would like to purchase this game if the solo rules "work". I have bee watching for a few weeks now and have not seen any feedback....

Well..How do the solo rules play??? Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Kuhn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cataudella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to this variant; The box is still sealed, and now I can remove the shrink wrap earlier then planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, any feedback yet? How well does the first version of the solitaire rules work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wysiwyg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not exactly the kind of feedback I wanted. How well does it work? Is it enjoyable? Would anyone play it again solitaire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Denis
France
clichy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a clever way to play. Yeah Dracula movements and actions don't always make much sense, but. But, so what !

I've added some rules to make it work better.

- I Keep the counting of the turns (1-2-3 day and 1-2-3 night) because it may be needed to know if Dracula was moving by day, if he could have been blocked by an ostia or an hallowed ground, if he may have used the wolf card (only by night). This is needed because we discover his moves three of four turns after they happened. So it's a bit of bookkeeping, but it helps the game to work in a more coherent way.

- When the wolf card is used, it is placed on the city card where Dracula arrives as a wolf.

- In the beginning of the game, I put one encounter in each step of Dracula's trail,face hidden, without looking at it, even though the town cards of the trail have not yet all been drawn. They'll be added later, under the encounters chits, when necessary, as explained in the solo rules. At each turn, one encounter is taken from Dracula's hand - without looking at it of course - and the encounters already in place are moved one space each to the left with their city cards, or without it if one city card has not yet been drawn. The new encounter is placed on the left most space, which then suold be empty. It makes the flow of encounters more logical... It is not completely satisfying (hunters will cross cities not yet turned face up and won't meet the encounters). But I can't see how to make it work better... Let's say that Drac won't activate the encounters before the city card has been uncovered by the hunters...

- Using this rule, the "dark call" card must be added to the city hand if : 1 - Dracula has at least 9 blood tokens remaining ; and 2 - if there are 5 or more encounters missing in the trail + the catacombs... Dracula needs to put back some encounters on his trail !

- When the "scout" cards is drawn, cast 2d6. For each 6 rolled, one city is revealed (from the left most hidden card of course).

- When the trail is meant to be cleared, the cards which are taken away are the three or the one which is/are right most (from the point of view of the player facing the map, not from drac's point of view as it is in the regular rules). It can be seen as if Evil Dracula has viciously put the hunters on a wrong trail ! The cards are taken away, but the encouters remain ; they'll just take place other cities yet to be revealed . If sea movement cards are cleared, Dracula regain the bloods he may have been supposed to lose during this "fake trip"...

OK, my english is not oo good, and I have not played "Fury" for a while, but I think these rules may be useful to make this solo hunt even more satifying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mahieux François
France
flag msg tools
Just like Franco, I'd like to know if others have tried this one with the solo rules described here?
Of course, the game is better with "real people", but the question is to know if it's still playable and enjoyable when I'm all alone because my friends are gone skiing without me since I've got a broken leg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Denis
France
clichy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played it a few times and it works fine. Yet Dracula moves and acts randomly, so, he does not always make the best decisions. So, once you konw the game well, Dracula is not a very tough opponent ! But it's a nice way to learn the rules of the game and seeing it work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.