Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Williams
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever purchased something or received something as a gift and never used it? Such is the case with my family's copy of Upwords, that my wife received as a Christmas present from her grandmother.

My seven year old daughter has been asking to play this game for some weeks. So, I read the rules and arranged to play with her after school the day after.

Obviously, it was an open hand with me helping her out. She discovered several words on her own, some that could be played and some not. My wife stepped in to help her out about halfway through. The game came down to my wife against me as my poor little girl was tuckered out after a full day at school.

I was not totalling the score as I went and only tallied the points after the game was completed. My daughter/wife/and I beat me by two points 182 to 180. Most importantly, I had a great time with my daughter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Maloney
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrange immediately for a re-match. Especially with Upwords, the learning process will improve and accelerate, thereby steadily improving her vocabulary and her general curiosity and inquisitiveness about words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williams
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Learning CAN be fun!
Brent, I highly recommend it, of course! I plan on having a weekly game day with my girls.

Skip, the game also requires some math skills with addition required for tallying the stacked words and multiple word scores and an opportunity to cover multiplication with the single tile words.

Overall, a great educational tool wrapped in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.