Hide
1 Posts

Ever Green» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
Here’s something unique, a Rio Grande game that I’ve never heard of! After Liberte, we thought we’d try something lighter so Dan brought out Evergreen. We had a six player game with Corwin, Dan, Joe, Shari, William and me, none of us had played before.

In Evergreen, each player plays concert organizers who are trying to put together concerts with various artists. The better the artists are when the player puts on a concert, the better a player’s score.

Evergreen is basically a card game, but it also uses a few interesting components. The artists and their popularity are kept track on very cute small cardboard records (remember records?). When a player takes his turn, a sand timer is used – the player must complete his turn before time runs out or it’s hasta la vista, baby.

In our game, we started staging concerts right off the bat. People got very clever with their cardplay, making sure that the artist was at their maximum popularity before they staged a show with them. While the rest of us were madly holding concerts, Joe held back a bit and then hit us with a pile of concerts at the end of the game. He made big points at the end, but not enough to beat Corwin, who came out the winner.

Score:

*Corwin* - 128
Joe – 123
Rick – 116
Dan – 115
Shari – 110
William – 100

Ratings:

Corwin – 5
Joe – 5
Rick – 5
Dan – 6
Shari – 6
William – 5

We were all pretty lukewarm on the game. I think the major thing that I didn’t like about it was the downtime between turns. You do have to wait a few minutes between turns with very little to do as there is really no interaction in the game. It’s a cute light game, but I don’t know if we’ll be playing it much in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.