Shogun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about battle & outcome rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonus
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Lets say i attack a neutral country with 1 army. I throw in the tower one green and one of my armies.

It results in 4 of my armies come out of the tower.
Does that mean that i can put 4 of my armies in the just attacked country?

The general question is can i get more armies back to the board then i used to attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes. Maybe you've conscripted some locals, maybe you had some reserves, maybe your army was actually four units strong but only as effective as one unit because of disease or lack of supplies. Rationalize it as you choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonus
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Brian. That issue almost destroyed my second shogun session today. (I never played Wallenstein)

I thought that you couldn't get more armies by attacking. Great that i was the guy who was completely wrong then *sigh*, but insisted the most ... *d'oh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
mb
One thing to keep in mind....where did those extra armies come from?

Initially, they will be the initial seed of the tower. But as the game progresses, those armies are likely to be armies from the times when you got out fewer armies than you put into the tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.