Subject: Vegatarian turkey day wallamopi frenzy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this game up at Gencon for an astonishingly low price of 16 bucks. The components are really nice, with piles of wooden pucks and a rolley marble timer device which has been explained in reviews.

This is a kind of strange game to find time to play. It plays short and only two players. This is the kind of game that would be great to take camping, or fun to play when there are easily distracted kids around.

Jim and Kathy are always nice enough to host what is alternately called cruelty free thanksgiving or anti-family thanksgiving. Being vegatarian they aren't that interested in going to their parents place to eat turkey, so they have been having their own vegatarian thanksgiving for a few years now, generally many of the displaced friends who live far away from family come to it, and usually board games are on the menu along with delicious food.

The food menu: cheesey paistry goulet thingy, stuffed roasted pumpkin, polenta with mushroom sauce stuff, sweet potato mash with nuts and brown sugar, lumpy cheesey potato thing, cranberry sauce, green bean caserole, rolls, lemon layer cake, and cheesecake.... I'm sooo full right now.

The game menu: Hey that's my Fish, Wallamopi, Bohnana, Carc Hunters and gatherers. Travel Blokus got a lot of looks but didn't get played in favor of HtmF which is was pushing a little.

People seemed to like Hey that's my fish, which is good because I bought it almost specificily for this crowd which likes simple rules.

Bohnanaza and Hunters are both classics for this group, only not everyone likes hunters! the fools. So Hunters wasn't that fun as one person was drunk and the other one didn't want to play. Oh well. Bohn went pretty well, fun as usual.

Wallamopi is what you are here for, you clicked on the link! Mainly Melodie and I played this with Allen watching us. He refused to play because he doesn't have a steady hand. Or so he claims. This game plays quickly and is a fun dexterity game. Melodie gets fixated on games that she likes so she and I played a pile of games in a row. Usually splitting them. We were playing with lax rules on the marble timer, generally we just tried to get our peice in before the marble fell in, but if it did, not a big deal. Loosing a game to the marble falling is a bit anti climactic anyway, you want something to come crashing down.

Madmike played the game once and he said he hated it, but that is the kind of person he is. I think if you aren't a fan of dexterity/balancing games, this game isn't going to win you over. But if you are looking for an alternative to jenga, this is a very nice choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.