Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Nielson
United States
Woods Cross
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
We just got our copy of USA 1910, and opted for the mega game with 5 players. Long story short, it was one of the most tense TTR games our very experienced group has played. I love the regular size cards, and have included the expansion in the original box outright.

As we played, I couldn't help but notice the inclusion of four routes from the Mystery Train expansion. After all, they are labeled on the face of the ticket as "Mystery Train." I actually went to some lengths to purchase the original Mystery Train expansion from ebay to keep the game fresh after many plays. I admit, I am a tad excessive about game quality, so the "print your own" solution from Days of Wonder just wouldn't do. I thoroughly enjoy the Mystery Train game with the characters included, but find myself at an impasse.

I would love it if I never had to use the pint-sized cards from the original game again, but would be unable to play mystery train because of the size. (DOW hasn't even updated the size of the self printout method.) So I am wondering if anyone has heard any rumblings of a reprint of the entire mystery train in the full card size. I would be willing to buy whatever magazine, promotional material, or swag with which it came bundled.

I love the 1910 expansion, and don't fault anyone for not including the entire Mystery Train within. I just think a re-release in full sized glory would be a great idea. If I get any support here, I might even go as far as to send an email to Days of Wonder myself.

Thanks

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a reprint of a larger Mystery card expansion,
I hope they don't print the back of the cards differently.

We don't use the expansion, because the backs are different than
the original cards. I know they designed it that way, but we just
didn't enjoy being able to tell the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Elphick
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, I was saddened when I realised that it did not have the character cards from the mystery train expansion. So I would support your call for the couple of extra cards in the new size, especially if it also had the 1910 back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The cards that say "Mystery Train" on them....what do they do if you don't have that expansion? Do they just look silly and force new players to ask you every five minutes "What does the Mystery Train mean?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Arkin
United States
Rancho Santa Margarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice for a complete re-issue @ full size with the correct color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aceadean wrote:
I admit, I am a tad excessive about game quality, so the "print your own" solution from Days of Wonder just wouldn't do.

I bought a second 1910 set to have extra route cards for home grown expansions (and extra train cards should they get lost/damaged or just wear out). With that extra set, we scanned the Mystery Train cards at high resolution, printed them on stickers and applied them to extra route cards. Since they are all from a 1910 deck, everything matches.

Ours are trimmed a bit so there is a VERY minor gap between the edge of the sticker and the edge of the card, but we can't notice it when they are stacked. If you're anal retentive annoyingly picky obsessive extremely careful, you can probably cut them a bit oversized, then trim them to the exact size of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
jcb231 wrote:
The cards that say "Mystery Train" on them....what do they do if you don't have that expansion? Do they just look silly and force new players to ask you every five minutes "What does the Mystery Train mean?"

What they do is get left out when playing games that call for 1910 cards only or original cards only. The "Mystery Train" text takes the place of text that marks them as cards from other sets.

So if you do get questions about that text, they are generally questions of the form "What does the text on the right of the card mean?" and you can reply, "It has to do with setting up for the different games, and has no effect on play."

(IIRC, the only game that uses any of the Mystery Train cards from 1910 is the Mega Game. Maybe one or two of them are included in Big Cities, but I don't remember.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.