Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my son and I squared off in a PBF game tonight he had the Chargers and I had the Bengals. We were using the new 2006 expansion teams.

The game was tight throughout as we exchanged field goals late in the 1st quarter and then he went ahead 6-3 halfway through the 2nd. The half ended with both teams defenses shutting down the others offense and we were both very careful in trying to avoid mistakes.

Early in the 3rd quarter the Chargers managed another fieldgoal to go up 9-3 and I began getting concerned about my lack of offense.

Just before the end of the 3rd quarter the Bengals put together a 58 yard, 9 play drive capped by a 14 yard TD run to take a 10-9 lead and now the Chargers were forced to score.

The Bengal defense stopped the Chargers and the punt pinned the Bengals inside the 20. Then disaster struck ... an interception and the Chargers had the ball at the Bengal 13 yard line. Four plays later they punched in to make it 15-10. The Chargers went for the 2 pt conversion and were successful makng the score 17-10.

After the kickoff the Bengals stalled and were forced to punt and when the punt was shanked the Chargers had the ball at their own 49 with just over 8 minutes to play.

The Bengal defense rose to the occasion and managed an interception and runback inside the San Diego 40 yard line. Using a mixture of short passes and draw plays the Bengals managed to tie the score at 17-17 and with just under 2 minutes left neither team could score before time ran out.

San Diego won the toss to start OT and took the ball at the 30 yard line. They banged out a first down and had a 2nd and 5 when disaster struck. A fumble was recovered by the Bengals on the Charger 38!

The Bengals moved closer and when they failed to make a 3rd and 7 from the 19 the field goal unit came on to try for the win.

The kick was up and ..... GOOD!!

Final score
San Diego - 17 Cincinnati - 20 OT

A long Christmas eve plane ride back to the coast for the Chargers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
At least it wasn't the one point loss like the game yesterday!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
True.

I'm liking PBF more and more as I play it and this years expansion teams seem to have more flavor than last years. I think as they get used to doing it there will be more visible differences in each team.

Good game though as play gets faster each time I play it. Yesterday's full Pro version took a little over 90 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Connor
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phlegm wrote:
True.

I'm liking PBF more and more as I play it and this years expansion teams seem to have more flavor than last years. I think as they get used to doing it there will be more visible differences in each team.

Good game though as play gets faster each time I play it. Yesterday's full Pro version took a little over 90 minutes.

Dan, can you summarize what it is about this year's expansion that provides more flavor than the 2005 edition? I wanted to like the Pro cards but the original expansion just didn't offer enough flavor to we worth the play load of the additional chart lookups (I found I enjoyed vanilla PBF better).

I also found the lack of individual player stats put me off the expansion a bit, but that's a problem with me as a player rather than with the game. I am looking forward to the rumored NCAA edition (particularly if it's an all-time teams edition), where I hope I won't miss individual players so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.