Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony M
United States
Warrenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the 2006 expansion today and was a little disappointed. It seems that they stopped using the laminated cards and now have gone to some kind of card stock. I'm not an expert, but it feels more flimsy then the 2005 expansion and less durable.

Over all though, it seems like they just updated the cards for the new season. No new rules or anything. Like the new version of Madden football, new rosters, everything else the same. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I love PBF, especially with the expansion's added depth. I'm just a little sad about the change in card quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'll have to spend money to laminate them. Too bad.

Myself, I'm working on some variant rules for interceptions based on pass defense rating. I hate how it's a max of 11 yards or a TD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkJedi wrote:
It seems that they stopped using the laminated cards and now have gone to some kind of card stock. I'm not an expert, but it feels more flimsy then the 2005 expansion and less durable.

First, I'm really glad to hear that you liked our original card quality for the Pizza Box Football Expansion.

The 2006 Expansion Game Booster set is digitally printed on different card stock, that's true. We held the cards under water to make sure that the ink didn't run when the cards got wet. We were pleased with the results--the ink didn't run.

The new process for creating cards allows us to make special card pack runs in the future. This was an important step toward being able to create cards for college teams in the future.

We were also able to print the cards in color, which should please folks who wanted to see the Expansion Play Sequence Card in color.

We hope you'll get many years of enjoyment from your game!

All the best,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
The Makers of Pizza Box Football
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com
of the Big Game on February 4!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
aceraxon wrote:
It's a max of 11 yards or a TD.

Mark, I'm always open to variants that improve the game. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

For what it's worth, the length of an interception return varies as follows:

- 2-16 yards or TD (from the [B][B] return)
- 22-36 yards or TD (from the 20 + [B][B] returns)

Because interception returns are [B] rolls, 6s earn bonus yards on the return (just like a kickoff or punt return roll). As you've identified, a 2nd 6 rolled takes the INT in for a defensive score.

Teams with better defenses have better chances for INTs and actually have better chances for longer returns (forcing more 3s from the offense than a team without the same defensive strengths).

I hope this answer was helpful to you as you plan your variant.

All the best,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
The Makers of Pizza Box Football
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com
of the Big Game on February 4!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
United States
Warrenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear that the card's ink won't smear if they get wet (not that i allow drinks anywhere near my game). I was mostly worried about wear and tear, creases, etc. The others just seemed more durable.

I'm excited to try it out though, I'm glad my bears finally got their props.

Have you ever thought about making a variant rule or expansion to take advantage of big playmakers on teams. Like Tomlinson on the chargers or Urlacher on the bears? Players who can just dominate a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.