500 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 3500 4000 4500 5000 5500 6000 6500 7000 7500 8000 8500 9000 9500 10000 10500 11000
Announcement – 2015 Support Drive – Ending in:
383 supporters - GeekGold Bonus for All 2015 Supporters: 3.83 + 0.13 = 3.96
 Thumb up
1 Posts

Apples to Apples: Expansion Set #1» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First Play with the Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Cates
United States
flag msg tools
Apples to Apples Party Box Expansion #1 12-29-06

Players: Steve, Jeremy, Amanda, Kelly

Scores: 6, 5, 4, 3

Same rules as regular Apples to Apples with the new cards. Many of the cards take the form of “… & …” Example Green cards: Hot & Sweaty, Cool & Collected Example Red Cards: Pebbles & Bamm Bamm, Abbott & Costello.

Jeremy was the early leader with matches like Bright & Shiny – Whips & Chains We decided to play to 6 and with Jeremy at 5 I did not want to pick his so I steered clear of the raunchy matches when it came around to me as the judge. I picked up another match with Hot & Sweaty – Pebbles & Bamm Bamm to tie it up. It came down to Jeremy’s wife Amanda to pick her husband, me, or help out struggling Kelly. Cool & Collected came out and I threw down Body Snatchers without many good options. Amanda thought that was a funny one so I ended up winning.

These “&” cards give the game another level of character. I think someone with a budget would be well served to just buy the expansion to see if they like it. People that love the game will probably want to pick the party box for a more massive amount of cards. I’ve actually gone through all of the red cards in one night with 8 people.

People were eager to play again but I roped them into another party game… “Why did the Chicken…?” which IMO is a better game if you’re with a creative group. But, Apples to Apples is a great game for a wider audience.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.