Subject: Safe House? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rules [+] variants [+] [View All]
Ian Bohne
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently did some correspondance with SimplyFun regarding this game. Part of what they sent back to me were two new blue cards named "Safe House." Does anybody know what the rule is that these cards support? So far, I told my daughter that if you draw the card you immediately lay it down and it protects you from the Dogcatcher or Leash.

Comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Rupp
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ian,

The Safe House card protects the person holding it from the Dogcatcher. If you draw a Safe House, set it down just like a Bone card. When the dogcatcher card turns up, you can either allow the dogcatcher to take a dog line, or save your dogs and play the Safe House Card. If the card is played, it is placed in the discard pile. The Safe House card does not protect you from the leash, only the Dogcatcher.

Hope this helps,
Kara Rupp, Senior Consultant for Simply Fun
http://Kara.SimplyFun.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bodrero
United States
Tremonton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got some rules with my cards that say to keep it in your hand until you decide to use it. (I just uploaded a file that hopefully will be approved within several weeks) But it also infers a three card hand instead of the two card hand described in my rules. Have there been different revisions of this game? So anyway, how about keep it in your hand if you always have three cards in your hand or place in front if you play with a two card hand.

Also, any comments on playing with the additional cards. I haven't had a chance yet, but it seems like it will make a five-dog win more common. I tried "going for the gold" my first game and got slapped by the dogcatcher enough times that now I usually max out at a three-dog- set before protecting them. So... comments on playing with safe house??

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that the overiding rule is that BLUE cards are played immediately. If you draw the SAFE HOUSE you put it in your display, then draw another card to continue your turn.
When the DOG CATCHER turns up, you can then choose to use it, or choose not to use it (saving it for a more critical instance in the future).
When you do use it's power, it's then discarded.
A one time use...but of your choice. That also keeps to the 2 card limit of your hand after your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.