Hide
8 Posts

War of the Ring (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hunt Roll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Brillant
msg tools
If you roll a success on a hunt for the ring roll, is there a point to using leader re rolls to try to get more successes? Will I get to draw 2 hunt tiles for 2 successes? Or just 1.

Also If I roll a success and the followship moves through 1 stronghold of mine/city. Do I get to draw 2 hunt tiles now. I read the page in the rule book , was kinda iffy on a definitive answer.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you mean re rolls for Nazgul or combat units in the last known space, yes it's worth re-rolling. If you draw an Eye Tile, it's one damage per successful roll.

Yes, you draw a second tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Brillant
msg tools
Oh wow , we were only drawing 1 hunt tile for any success. So if I had two eye dice in my hunt box and rolled 2 success Id get them to draw 2 hunt tiles PLUS if they move through or land in a stronghold/city of mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilBrillant wrote:
Oh wow , we were only drawing 1 hunt tile for any success. So if I had two eye dice in my hunt box and rolled 2 success Id get them to draw 2 hunt tiles PLUS if they move through or land in a stronghold/city of mine.

No.

You only draw one tile if any dice are successful.

However, if an Eye tile is drawn it equals damage to the numbers of successes rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they move, you roll dice and get rerolls equal to conditions met(nazgul/army/sh present)
If you roll any success, you draw a hunt tile
If the tile is an eye, damage equals successes
If they move out/through a shadow stronghold, you draw another tile without rolling for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the Fellowship is not always Revealed when the Hunt is successful. It is only Revealed if the drawn Hunt tile has a Reveal icon. If it's not Revealed, then it doesn't move on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty S wrote:
If you mean re rolls for Nazgul or combat units in the last known space, yes it's worth re-rolling. If you draw an Eye Tile, it's one damage per successful roll.

Yes, you draw a second tile.

Marty's comment about drawing a second tile is in response to your second question about the FSP being revealed while going through (or in) a SP stronghold. (Although you didn't mention being revealed, that is a necessary condition here.)

So, to sum up:

1. Yes, it's worth rerolling failed Hunt rolls b/c if you draw an eye tile, the damage will be greater with more successes.

2. Draw a second hunt tile if the Fellowship was revealed and begins in, ends in or passes through a Shadow Stronghold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Brillant
msg tools
Great! That clears up a lot of confusion. Thank you all for the quick reply's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.