Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Right away, I'm seeing Wolverine comboing with Rogue. You need seriously heavy power to take on Thanos, since Hyperion is constantly going to charge away the Infinity Gems that would weaken him. No Mercy is already Wolverine's best card, and Borrowed Brawn will get you a lot of power with that. If I recall correctly (don't have it in front of me), Spider-Woman has a common strength recruiter to help this way, too. The other player would have to push for Dr. Punisher so that you can miraculously fight the Infinity Gems on top of the deck. Spider-Woman would have to help here with her own ranged class, but pulling this off would be rather miraculous with Thanos hitting the things you're building. Wolverine's card draw would end up being the sacrificial piece.

Of course, yes, the actual 5th piece would help strategy here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tulis
msg tools
mb
also of paramount importance: getting rid of hyperion ASAP (preferrably before the second twist) - though that will be TOUGH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So any thoughts on a fifth hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Laager
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rogue, Dr. punisher soldier supreme, Spider-woman,
Wolverine (x-force version)

right... gamora !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zerg wrote:
Hi player a new challenge has arrived:

can you beat this scenario ?

Mastermind: Thanos
Scheme: Dark alliances -> Hyperion
Villains: Infinity gems, deadpool secret secrt war
Henchmen: Thor corps
Heroes: Rogue, Dr. punisher soldier supreme, Spider-woman,

for 2 players...
good luck

I think an even harder challenge is Galactus with the Scheme "Bathe the Earth in Cosmic Rays." On Advanced Solo this is just brutal - absolutely brutal. Especially when you draw Galactus' tactic that KOs all heroes of a certain name in your discard pile...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
zerg wrote:
Hi player a new challenge has arrived:

can you beat this scenario ?

Mastermind: Thanos
Scheme: Dark alliances -> Hyperion
Villains: Infinity gems, deadpool secret secrt war
Henchmen: Thor corps
Heroes: Rogue, Dr. punisher soldier supreme, Spider-woman,

for 2 players...
good luck

I think an even harder challenge is Galactus with the Scheme "Bathe the Earth in Cosmic Rays." On Advanced Solo this is just brutal - absolutely brutal. Especially when you draw Galactus' tactic that KOs all heroes of a certain name in your discard pile...

I think Moleman is harder for that scheme solo. You have to keep tight control of the city or every master strike brings you closer to losing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but at least with Mole Man you don't automatically lose when you draw the 5th Master Strike. If you draw a Strike while the city is empty with Mole Man, there's no real harm.

With Galactus on that Scheme, you have, in essence, two timers: a 5 card timer for the MS and a 6 card timer for the Twists. Either one** will cause you to fail automatically. Combine those timers with potentially automatically having Villains escape from a city space that is destroyed on a Strike or Galactus' Tactic that makes you KO all Heroes of a certain name in your discard pile makes for a quick and painful defeat.

**Technically I suppose you could draw a Twist or two at the start of the game when you have a shot at an entire zero cost hand, which would nullify the drawn Twist(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this one via randomizer and it was a challenge -- I lost!

Scheme: The Legacy Virus
Mastermind: Magneto
Villains: Thunderbolts, Brotherhood
Henchmen: Thor Corps
Heroes: Iceman, Bishop, Rogue, Black Swan, Storm/Black Panther

It's tough because there are only 2 tech cards in the heroes' decks and there are plenty of opportunities to gain wounds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Laager
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Just played this one via randomizer and it was a challenge -- I lost!

Scheme: The Legacy Virus
Mastermind: Magneto
Villains: Thunderbolts, Brotherhood
Henchmen: Thor Corps
Heroes: Iceman, Bishop, Rogue, Black Swan, Storm/Black Panther

It's tough because there are only 2 tech cards in the heroes' decks and there are plenty of opportunities to gain wounds!

ok you have VERY little time 6 twist at best, maybe a git more if you get lucky with tech, so you need to be quick...

as usual it depends on the draw..
magento: Crushing Shockwave can be terrible (2 wound so you need a x-men for that, should not be an issue)

Thor Corps: personnaly this is the real problem: this henchmen is the pest.. switch if for sentinnels and you wil see you will win easly

Thunderbolts: Radioactive Man need to be stoped and the KO of Mach-IV need to be well timed (when many player have tech cards)

and yeah tech card.. what we have

bishop 1 (and its expensive..)
Black Panter (6 cards)

yeah swapp in a tech hero (Forge !!! ) and it will work...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I know about how adding a tech-heavy hero to the deck or changing the Henchmen. The challenge isn't in how to change things to beat it, the challenge is to beat it with this set up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Gray
United States
Astoria
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think those are hard, try playing against Galactus with the scheme "Crush them with my Bare Hands". You can pick everything else, but good luck. It's almost impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.